See spiritual imagery in the introduction
An apostle dream is much like that of an angel dream but more men then women seem to have these. Usually when an apostle speaks to you in a dream it is a spiritual message for you and deserves the utmost attention you can give it. See Angel.
Dreams of an apostle symbolize that good news is coming your way. Perhaps this dream is alerting you to pay attention to a guru/teacher that will be appearing in your life, or that the guru/teacher that you’ve been praying for is you. See Angel and Ambassador.
If you be single, it denotes an early marriage and a luxurious home.
To hear one at night is despair, and cause for tears you will have.
To dream of seeing cocks fight, you will leave your family because of quarrels and infidelity. This dream usually announces some unexpected and sorrowful events.
The cock warned the Apostle Peter when he was about to perjure himself. It may also warn you in a dream when the meshes of the world are swaying you from ``the straight line’’ of spiritual wisdom. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
The four seasons, the phases of the moon, the four directions on a compass, particularly also the four elements—fire, air, earth, and water—the four limbs, the four functions of the conscience. Four creates order in chaos. It is the symbol for becoming whole and becoming one, in contrast to Multiplicity.
For some Native Americans four is a holy number, the number for everything beautiful (for instance, in some traditions a prayer must be spoken four times). In alchemy the process of transformation happens in four stages. According to legend, the river in paradise separates into four rivers.
According to Jung, four always points out that we are on the way to becoming what we really are. Four symbolizes completeness and totality: the four temperaments and, in Christianity, the four directions of the Cross and Christ surrounded by four apostles.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
• Dreams • Positive: If you are someone that enjoys mountain climbing, then your dream would speak of your hobbies and interests.
• However, for most people, a mountain will speak of a new goal or level for you to attain. It is a promise of a promotion and seeing a new perspective on things.
A mountain in a negative light speaks of an obstacle that is preventing you from reaching your personal goals.
• It could be that you are struggling to complete a project or go in a certain direction. Dreaming of a mountain in your road is a confirmation of the blockage.
• You will need wisdom to discern if this is a mountain you must tackle or one you need to walk around and avoid.
• Of course as believers, when the enemy puts a mountain in our way, we have the authority to pluck it up and cast it into the sea!
For both visions and prophetic dreams, the mountain is a very positive picture! It speaks of an opportunity for you to receive a promotion in the realm of the spirit.
• However it is not going to come without effort. Climbing a mountain is hard work and it will require a lot from you.
• It will mean leaving some things behind that you have relied on before. It will mean leaving behind everything you were and possessed, so that you can take hold of the new thing.
• In The Moses Mandate I share how the Moses Apostle is called to the mountain top many times. It is here that He will come into that face-to-face relationship with Jesus and also get his mandate.
• A mountain in the Scriptures is often a picture of the presence of God. It is an apt image as it comes with a price. It means leaving behind your own ideas and everything that weighs you down, to come into His presence.
• Moses had to obey some strict conditions before climbing the mountain into the Lord’s presence. However the journey was worth it, because there he experienced the glory of God! • Have you been asking the Lord to experience Him in a greater way? If so, then seeing a mountain is a call from the Lord to take the first step; to submit to going through the death and letting go of the old, so that you can take on the new.
• Just like in real life, it will be a hard climb. However just as Moses discovered, it will be well worth it when you get to experience God in a new and powerful way.
• Exodus 24:17 And the sight of the glory of the LORD [Yahweh] [was] like devouring fire on the top of the mountain in the eyes of the children of Israel.
When praying for someone or for personal needs, I have often seen a mountain in my path.
• This is a negative picture and speaks of an obstacle that the enemy has put there.
• It is also a good picture of how you feel when you come to the Lord with a big prayer request. It seems to loom over you, making you feel small and insignificant.
• However, you can overcome it! If you see a mountain across your path and you feel that it is something that the enemy has put there, then it is something for you to remove in the name of Jesus.
• This is a call to spiritual warfare. I suggest that you get your hands on The Way to Effective Prayer by Apostle Daphne Crause for some very practical teaching on this subject.
• Mark 11:23 For assuredly I say to you, That whoever will say to this mountain, Be removed, and be cast into the sea; and will not doubt in his heart, but will believe that those things that he says will come to pass; he will have whatever he says.
• If you are facing a mountain in your life right now, take this passage, memorize and confess it until it is deep in your spirit. Then stand against that mountain and it will give way!.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
• The most famous olive grove mentioned in the Word is Gethsemane, which translated means ‘oil press’. Before an olive tree died, new branches sprouted from its roots.
• Visions Positive Olive Oil • Oil has always been a lovely picture of the anointing. It also speaks of the healing anointing, as olive oil was often used as a source of medication.
• Olive Crushed • Apostle Les speaks in The Prophetic Training book about how the prophet goes through a time of testing during his training. He relates it to being ‘squeezed’.
• His question is, “When you get squeezed, what comes out of you?” • The olive oil being squeezed and letting out its oil is a lovely image of this. It means that when pressures come on you to change, what comes out is the anointing.
• It is also an indication that the Lord is about to put pressure on you, or perhaps even take you through a phase of ministry training.
• Olive Tree • The Lord promised the Israelites their own olive trees as a blessing. It is a picture of abundance and the blessing of the Lord.
• The olive tree is also a good picture of a reproducing asset. It is not a blessing that comes once, but one that keeps producing further blessing.
• Psalms 128:3 Your wife [will be] as a fruitful vine by the sides of your house: your children like olive plants around about your table.
Branch Being Severed • Apostle Paul shares how those who refused to accept Christ were cut off from the olive tree, and a new branch was grafted in (speaking of the Church).
• Romans 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree.
• Often in the spirit we have seen the Lord cut a branch off a tree and graft a new one in its place. This has referred to the Lord removing a person from our lives or ministry and putting in someone new.
• In a situation where a marriage has ended and you see this, it is an indication that the old marriage partner is being removed and that the Lord will bring a new one, so that they can become one.
• To see an olive tree bearing fruit other than olives is a picture of things not being what they seem. While the person pretends to be one thing, on the inside they are something completely different.
• James 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brothers, bear olive berries? Or a vine, figs? So no fountain [can] yield both salt water and fresh.
Branch, Tree.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
To dream that you are drinking poison is an indication that you are feeding on things that are deadly to you.
• Perhaps you have been browsing websites, watching teachings or even reading books that do not have the spirit of Christ on them. These things are poison to your spirit.
• Apostle Les also teaches how bitterness, fear and guilt are poison in your spirit.
• Visions Negative: Poison is a good picture of bitterness because of how it pollutes not only your own spirit, but how it defiles everyone else around you as well.
• Hebrews 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble [you], and by it many be defiled; • James knew the power of words! Words have power, and words spoken in a curse against someone is like poisoning them and giving the enemy license to attack them.
• James 3:8 But the tongue no man can tame; [it is] an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. (AMIV).... The Way of Dreams and Visions
• Some of them are the blessings that we have asked the Lord for. Others are things that we do not desire, but have conceived because of fear or sin.
To dream that you are pregnant means that something new is about to manifest in your life.
If you are a man, you might dream that your wife is pregnant instead, and it would mean the same thing to you.
• You need to discern if the child you are pregnant with is good or not.
• If you dream that you miscarry or that a baby is stillborn, but do not really feel any concern in your dream, then it has a good interpretation.
• It means that you conceived something that was not of God, but that He has prevented it from coming to pass.
• It is a good sign that you have left the things of the past behind, or perhaps brought your flesh into line.
• I have often dreamed that I was pregnant. In one dream I was three months pregnant. It was a clear dream. When I woke up I worked it out, and three months before I had been released into ministry training.
• The Lord was confirming that He had indeed started that process in me and that I would carry it to full term.
• If you dream of giving birth early or not realizing you were pregnant, it means that the Lord has been doing something in your life behind the scenes and it will suddenly come to pass.
If you dream that you are pregnant with the baby of someone from the past that you do not like, this is negative.
• It means that you have held onto something from that time of your life and it has taken root in you.
• Perhaps you were involved with a ministry in the past that you do not feel positive about any longer.
• Dreaming of being pregnant surrounding those circumstances means that you conceived something spiritually during that time that you have still held onto.
• If you dream that you are pregnant with someone’s baby that is very negative to you, it could mean that you have given the flesh control of your life and conceived something that is not of the Lord.
• If you dream that you miscarry and you feel the pain and the struggle in the dream, then this is not a good picture.
• It means that the enemy is trying to steal the blessing that the Lord has given to you.
• If you are in ministry training, consider the tests you have faced over the last while. It could be a warning that you are going off track and need to get back again.
The interpretations for visions can be tricky. Your vision can either speak of a spiritual birth that the person is going through, or it could speak of an actual pregnancy! • If you see a baby in the womb, this could speak of the Lord conceiving and birthing something new in that person.
• Just as in the case where the Holy Spirit conceived Jesus in Mary’s womb, this would be a picture of something good that the Lord has conceived in their spirits.
• In a literal sense, it can also mean that this person you are praying with will have an actual baby! You need to use some tact when interpreting such a vision.
• I remember receiving prayer once from Apostle Les and in the spirit he saw me holding a baby. I was trying to take a spiritual picture from it, but discovered shortly afterwards that I was already 5 months pregnant! • The best thing to do is to share the vision you get with the person.
If they have desired a child, then perhaps the Lord is confirming to them that this is His will. Perhaps the Lord is even saying that they are pregnant right now.
• When praying for a couple desiring to fall pregnant, Apostle Daphne Crause clearly saw a baby in the womb. It turned out that the woman was indeed pregnant at the time. That word brought both confirmation and hope that this was of the Lord.
• Spiritually speaking, when we have faith we birth the blessings of God in our lives. This can speak of both spiritual and natural blessings.
• Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself laid hold of the ability to fall pregnant, and gave birth past the time of life, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
Apostle Daphne has been used of the Lord very often to pray for couples to fall pregnant, because of her own travail in this area. In her book the Way to Effective Prayer she gives both her story and some very practical steps to follow if you are trying to fall pregnant.
• I remember her praying for a lady once who was having medical problems with her pregnancy. Doctors said that it would be a hard birth, and her chances of having any children in the future were near impossible.
• Daphne went into prayer and saw something demonic attacking the child in the womb. She stood against this, and against all odds the woman went on to have not just one, but three children afterwards! • If you see a vision of a woman miscarrying and it is not literal, then it means that the person you are praying for is losing the blessing that God has given by allowing sin in their lives or because of a curse.
• To have a vision of someone that is barren is an indication of a curse in that person’s life.
Baby, Birth, Child.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
• A ship is tied to the dock with a rope, representing security.
• A threefold cord speaks of strength and unity. It can be a very positive thing if it is tying a couple together in marriage.
• I recall a vision when my husband Craig and I were receiving ministry about being married. Apostle Les saw a vision of us tied together with strong ropes that could not be broken.
• Because my parents had been divorced, I feared the same thing in my own life.
The Lord made me a strong promise that I had nothing to fear. I am glad to say that our marriage is going stronger than ever! • With my husband, myself and the Lord, we are a picture of a threefold cord that could not be broken.
• Ecclesiastes 4:12 And if a one is overwhelmed, two can stand together; a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
To dream of having your hands tied is a picture of being restricted and unable to do the things you need to do.
• Being tied by rope to something could also indicate that you are being bound by whatever that object or person represents in your dreams.
• Being bound by a rope can speak of the work of the enemy to bind you and prevent you from doing what the Lord wants you to do, just like Delilah bound Samson.
• Judges 15:13 ...And they bound him with two new cords, and brought him up from the rock.
• A rope attaching you to someone else could speak of a spiritual bond that needs to be broken. In the spirit, you might see a person tied with cords that are in turn attached to various people.
• If the people you see are family members, then that rope is a picture of generational bondage.
• You can also see this in relation to past mentors or friends that you have not fully let go yet.
If you see this vision, then the Lord is telling you to let those people go and to move on.
• For more on how to break spiritual links, read The Way of Blessing. See also: Cords, Chains.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
2- The dreamer accepts the nature of things as they are, and can look at the fundamental structure of his nature. He can appreciate the basic shape his life is taking without placing emotional inhibitions in the way.
3- Various shapes and patterns can be interpreted as:
The Centre The centre symbolises the point from which everything starts. In relation to shape, il Ls the point from which the pattern grows. Circle The circle represents the inner being or the Self (see Introduction). It is also unity and perfection.
A circular object such as a ring may have the same meaning as the circle.
A circle with a dot in the centre can signify the soul in completion. It is sometimes taken to represent Woman.
Crescent (including the sickle and crescent moon) This signifies the feminine, mysterious power which is intuitive and non-rational. Cross Any cross stands for the realisation (in the sense of making real) of spirit into matter. Moving through the symbol of the sword to the equal armed-cross, from there to the cross of suffering and crucifixion, and finally to the Tau of perfection, the soul learns through experience to overcome the obstacles to spiritual progression.
The four arms pointing in opposite directions signify conflict, anguish and distress, but ultimately going through these to reach perfection.
The hung cross with the figure of Christ represents the sacrifice of self for others.
The intersection signifies the reconciliation of opposites.
The three upper arms are said to stand for God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, but more property thcv indicate any Divine Trinity.
see Square Diamond A diamond in a dream indicates that we have greater and lesser options available. Hexagram A hexagram is a geometric figure which symbolises the harmonious development of the physical, social and spiritual elements of human life and its integration into a perfect whole. Oval The oval is symbolic of the womb, and also of feminine life. Called the Vesica Piscis, it is the halo which completely encircles a sacred figure.
Patterns (in cloth, mosaic etc.) In dreams the patterns which appear as part of the scenario can categorise how we handle the patterns and perhaps repeated behaviours in our lives. Pent a gram / Pent angle / Pentagram - see Star Sphere The sphere has a similar meaning to the globe (see individual entry), and indicates perfection and completion of all possibilities. Spiral (also see labyrinth in L Section) The spiral is the perfect path to evolution.
The principle is that everything is continually in motion, but also continually rising or raising its vibration.
If the spiral is towards the centre we are approaching our own centre by an indirect route.
A clockwise spiral, moving outward to the right is a movement towards consciousness and enlightenment.
If counterclockwise the movement is towards the unconscious, probably regressive behaviour. There is also a connection with the navel or solar plexus as the centre of power. Square or Cube The square or cube signifies the manifestation of spirit into matter. It represents the earthly realm as opposed to the heavens.
A square within a circle suggests the act of ‘becoming’ or taking on form.
The figure within a square is the Self or perfect Man. Any square object signifies the enclosing and feminine principle. Star The star, particularly if it is a bright one, indicates the individual’s hopes, aspirations and ideals. It is those things we must reach for.
The five-pointed star or pentagram evokes personal magic, and all matter in harmony.
To be correct, the star should point upwards. In dreams it signifies the dreamer’s ownership of his own magical qualities and aspirations.
If it is pointing downwards it symbolises evil and witchcraft.
The six- pointed star, or Star of David, is made up of one triangle pointing upward and another pointing downward: the physical and the spiritual arc joined together in harmony to create wisdom. Twelve stars signify both the Twelve Tribes of Israel and the Apostles. Swastika The swastika with its arms moving clockwise portrays Ideal Man and the power lie has for good. In Eastern symbolism it signifies the movement of the sun.
The swastika moving counter-clockwise in this form signifies all that is sinister and wrong. It was always recognised that Hitler had connections with magic. It is not known whether his choice of swastika was deliberate or not.
Triangle The triangle represents Standing Man, with his three parts body; mind and spirit (or being). Consciousness and love manifest through his physicality. There is potential still to be realised.
If the triangle points upwards, human nature moves towards the Divine.
If it is pointing down it is spirit seeking expression through the physical.
The triangle can also represent family relationships that is, father, mother and child. There is a game based on shapes in which you draw a square, a circle and a triangle, and then get someone else to elaborate each of the basic shapes into a drawing. Whatever he makes of the square is supposed to relate to his outlook on the world, the circle to his inner being and the triangle to his sex life.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
• Weapons, regardless of their form, are a picture of warfare and of our stand against the flesh and the enemy.
• Apostle Paul also tells us that the weapons we fight with are not weapons of flesh, but of spirit. Our authority is vested in the Lord, and any action we take should be with our spiritual authority.
• 2 Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare [are] not fleshly, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds
Arrow, Axe, Bow, Dagger, Dart, Shield, Spear, Sword.... The Way of Dreams and Visions