To have one’s legs knocked out from under one’ means loss of confidence and urge to carry on with life. Although we may depend upon someone like a partner or parent for support, or work or position for self value, ultimately the legs represent our own emotional or conceptual support system. So we may be considering what sense we have of our own value when trying to understand leg(s) in our dream. See left; right; lame. Feet: foundation; to have ‘one’s feet on the ground’; to be well or badly grounded’; fundamental issue in our life. Idioms: put one’s foot in it; feet of clay; let the grass grow under your feet. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
Legs in a dream symbolize your control over your life’s path and are strongly connected to your sense of self. Legs give a person the ability to stand, walk, run, play sports, or various other possible activities.
To dream that you have lost your legs or become crippled indicates that you are afraid of losing control over the direction of your life. You may be struggling with a lack of courage or the ability to stand up for yourself.
To dream of losing just one leg, or having one leg shorter than the other, indicates a lack of balance in your life. You may also be pursuing a path half heartedly, still carrying doubts about your choices. Standing up on two legs is often cited as a symbol of the difference between a human and an animal.
To dream that you cannot stand on your legs may also represent a feeling that you have lost a high position in life. You may have become controlled by animal desires, or you may feel that others are treating you with less respect than you deserve.
To dream that you have more than two legs represents divided interests. Each leg may try to pull you in opposite directions and you feel torn between possible actions. You may have taken on too many tasks at work and are struggling to keep up with conflicting responsibilities.
To dream of crossed legs symbolizes a barrier between you and others. This barrier may be emotional or intellectual, indicating closed mindedness.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
General Meaning: Your ability to sustain and strengthen yourself through your own will. Positive: Before the days of airplanes and cars, your best bet was to find yourself a healthy horse or if you could not afford it, your legs just had to do! • Your legs speak of your ability to get yourself from one place to another. Your very will to push ahead. As humans we continually strive forward.
• This scripture could not said it any better: • Psalms 147:10 He delights not in the strength of the horse: he takes not pleasure in the legs of a man.
• When this ability is submitted to the Lord, we are able to run the race (Heb 12:1) that He has set before us. However when you leave the Lord out of it, you will find yourself becoming tripped up.
• If you dream of your legs being strengthened, it means that the Lord is going to strengthen your ability to get the job done! He has set a race before you and He intends for you to win it, but with His help!
Only those that have been through it understand the concept of a “leg- breaking” experience. In training the prophets, we try to familiarize them with it as soon as possible. It is a process where the Lord continually tries to bring a certain area to death in you.
• The Leg-Breaking Experience • However as you continue to push through on your own and try to do things your own way, you end up like these two poor fellows: • John 19:32 Then the soldiers came, and broke the legs of the first, and of the other one who was crucified with him.
• You will note that Jesus legs were not broken. He knew when to yield and He gave up His spirit willingly.
If you dream that your legs are being broken, it means that the Lord is going to bring your will to complete death • The pressure will come from circumstances and the world, just as the Roman soldiers were the olds to break the legs of the thieves.
• Lame Legs • To be lame means that your will has been taken away from you. You have given up on life and you do not try to push forward any longer. This is quite negative and is a very good picture of someone who has fallen into depression.
• Proverbs 26:7 The legs of the lame are of no use: so [is] a parable in the mouth of fools.
• Jesus took time during His ministry to heal the lame and is still doing it today. No matter how weak you feel or how much has been taken from you, the Lord is here to restore you to full strength!
Ankle, Back, Feet.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
Symbol: Legs are a symbol of a steadfast person and of the “road of life.’’ It is important whether you are dreaming about the Right or the Left leg.
Vision: Running on healthy legs means success in life. Swollen legs are a sign of difficulties and stagnation. Breaking a leg: be prepared for financial losses or being reprimanded at the job.
A leg being amputated means inhibition and frustration in a present situation; either you are “stuck” or asked to wait and be patient. Dreaming about running: you are very ambitious, in a hurry to reach your goal, or running away from something!
Depth Psychology: Legs symbolize everything that has to do with the road and your life’s journey. Are you well grounded? Will your legs carry you the distance? Do you need “crutches”? Are you limping? Are you insured? Looking at a woman’s legs expresses sexual needs; hairy legs are a sign of masculinity or unexpected surprises. Unshapely or thin legs: completing a project is going to be difficult. See Foot.... Dreamers Dictionary
wounds, bruises, ulcers, sores etc. appearing on the body symbolise wealth that will be acquired by the observer of such a dream.
The extent of the wealth will depend on how old such wounds, bruises etc. Are, Likewise, any obesity or swelling means acquiring of wealth equal to the extent of the obesity or size of the swelling.... Islamic Dream Interpretation