Research the type of dish and it’s contents, i.E. Glass, clay, metal, paper, etc.; See “food”
To break a plate or Dish is a bad sign—it shows domestic trouble.
1. A measure of good fortune, sometimes ﬁnancial security, depending on how full the plate is.
2. Domestic difﬁculties (broken dishes).
3. Feelings of being overwhelmed—usually with powerful emotions, often responsibilities.
4. Repressed feelings of sexual attraction to another (old-fashioned wordplay on “dish”).
5. Domestic bliss (washing dishes).
Dreams of a dish symbolize your ability to take in the nurturing that is around you. Broken or chipped dishes represent a break in your ability to receive. See Bowl or Plate.
To dream of handling dishes, denotes good fortune; but if from any cause they should be broken, this signifies that fortune will be short-lived for you.
To see shelves of polished dishes, denotes success in marriage.
To dream of dishes, is prognostic of coming success and gain, and you will be able to fully appreciate your good luck. Soiled dishes, represent dissatisfaction and an unpromising future. See Crockery