General Meaning: A process of preparation mostly related to the Teaching Ministry. Positive: To bake bread, means to prepare and make it ready for eating. In context of ministry the Lord could be indicating that you need to prepare for ministry so that you can give out to others.
• The process of baking or actually cooking the food indicates that you will need to get involved to train others, or perhaps be trained yourself.
• Raw dough would indicate a ministry or a person that is not yet mature.
• To bake that dough would mean to prepare and make that person ready.
• We saw this once in the spirit, where the Lord showed us dough and told us that we must go and shape and make His people ready! • Psalms 104:15 And wine [that] makes glad the heart of man, [and] oil to make [his] face to shine, and bread [which] strengthens man’s heart.
• Note: To prepare the dough, it needs to pass through the fire. Negative: To leave something unbaked in a ministry context speaks of not following through with your ministry or giving up. It means that you have rejected what you need to do.
• Consider this passage: • Hosea 7:4 They [are] all adulterers, as an oven heated by the baker, [who] ceases from raising after he has kneaded the dough, until it be leavened.
Bread, Cake, Cooking, Yeast.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
General Meaning: Provision for your desires and not only your needs. Dreams • Positive: A cake speaks of fun, enjoyment and blessing. It speaks of receiving a gift and something that is enjoyable.
• I remember once dreaming of walking into my home and my father had bought me a whole load of different cakes from a bakery. I can smell them now just thinking about it! It was a good dream and it spoke of the blessings and the gifts the Lord was giving me.
• The different types of cakes, spoke of the different ways I would minister and the different blessings the Lord would give me. Not long after this dream the Lord moved me into the Teaching Ministry.
“To have your cake and eat it” is a negative saying that means you are trying to impose yourself and also be one better above your fellow brother or sister. This speaks of strife, contention and vainglory.
• Dreaming of a cake that is not fully baked speaks of being ‘half-baked’ meaning that your commitment is lacking.
Cake in a vision or external dream speaks of provision. In the case of this passage by giving of her last cake the widow woman had provision for the rest of the drought. Perhaps the Lord has led you to give the little ‘cake’ or blessing you have away.
If this be the case, rejoice, because it means that the Lord means to prosper you in return! • 1 Kings 17:13 And Elijah said to her, Fear not; go [and] do as you have said: but make me of it a little cake first, and bring [it] to me, and after make for you and for your son.
To see a cake that is burned or gone hard on one side, due to not being turned has a bad connotation. It speaks of being having the life taken out of you. It also speaks of compromise as in the passage in Hosea. It speaks of mixing yourself with those things that are not of the Lord and because of it, your blessing has now become a curse.
• Hosea 7:8 Ephraim, he has mixed himself among the people; Ephraim is a cake not turned.