The meaning of idol in dream | Dream Interpretation
To see an idol in a dream is symbolic of stupidity and delusion, Jer. 10:8
An object of excessive devotion, i.E. Money, power, addiction, etc.; See “collection”
See religious imagery in the introduction
whoever sees himself worshipping an idol from the idols, that is interpreted upon 3 sides: vain lie & hypocrite lying sly man, corruptive lying woman.
1. If the dreamer sees a friend, associate or relative worshipping someone the dreamer does not respect, it hints at a problem in the relationship between the dreamer and the person who’s doing the adoring.
2. Breaking an idol, such as a statue, means an attempt to destroy qualities that one doesn’t like in oneself.
Dreams of an idol reflect that you are putting someone on a pedestal. This dream is denotes that you’ve been projecting greatness on someone else other than yourself, putting him/her above you. See American Idol, Pedestal and Fame.
It is a sign that you arc about to make a great mistake if you dream of idols, so this may be regarded as a warning to “Watch your step. , .
The object of your worship. Things that have the place of honor in your life. Negative: I think we can both agree that there is no place for a positive interpretation for an idol in our lives.
The only time an idol would be positive is if you saw it being broken down.
• An idol in a dream or a vision is a representation of something that is taking your time, affection and worship.
• As we know the scriptures are clear on having any idols before the Lord.
The Lord alone should have this place in your life.
• If you have a vision of an idol while praying for a ministry or church, then the Lord is saying that they are putting other things before Him.
• People • Often people that are close to you can become an idol in your life. You begin to seek their affection and their direction for your life more than the Lord’s. Although the Lord will always use man to speak to you, at the end of the day, it is God that you should worship.
• Unfortunately in a church age of ‘super leaders’ there are many that turn the attention away from the Lord and onto them and ‘their gifts.’ It was unacceptable for the Children of Israel and it is still unacceptable in the church.
• Golden Calf • To see a golden calf in the spirit speaks of heresy and doctrine that is not of God.
• The Work of Your Hands • Often the things you have accomplished and done with your own works becomes more important than what the Lord wants you to do. Often when • these things take priority in your life, the Lord will ask you to sacrifice them just like He asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac.
• Acts 7:41 And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice to the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.