The meaning of insects island in dream | Dream Interpretation
In dreams an island can signify a spiritual retreat – somewhere which is cut off from the world – which will allow us to contemplate our own spiritual self.
Psychological / emotional perspective: Occasionally we all need to recharge our batteries, and to dream of an island can help, or warn us, to do this. Dreaming of a desert or treasure island indicates there is something to be gained by being alone and exploring our ability to cope with such a situation. We may actually function better in some way.
Material aspects: Dreaming of an island signifies the loneliness one can feel through isolation, self-imposed or otherwise. We may feel out of touch with others or with situations around us.
An island can also represent safety in that, by isolating ourselves, we are not subject to external pressures.
• However, insects left unchecked can grow quickly, in vast numbers and be harbingers of disease. Infestations in your dream indicate a course of action that is long overdue! • Ants indicate a need to work together as a team, bees are about being busy but also appreciating the sweetness of your life.... The Premier in Dream Dictionary
For example, if you are dreaming about bees stinging you think, about some of your relationships.
If you are dreaming about ants consider you social interactions and work ethic.... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
If you manage to exterminate them, or if they are not bothersome to you, then you will meet your obstacles with strength and be able to overcome them. Insects also represent excessive worry over certain things.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
The person who actually lived in this pan of the house was the owner’s mother. She treated me badly but no one knew as she was artful in her abuse. She pulled me along by my hair, locked me in a cupboard, and once locked me in the orchard—four high walls and a hidden door’ (Rita).
The example shows memones of pain and anger are still irritating or ‘bugging’ Rita.
The swamp shows these feelings undermine her confidence.
Generally insects represent irritations or feeling something ‘bugging’ one; feeling insignificant—the ant in the mass of other ants, sexual urges, especially with cockroaches. As Jiminy Cricket suggests, insects can represent our conscience and guilt which remind us of feelings wc might sooner forget; perhaps insects represent these areas because they live their life in our house and garden largely unseen, so depict thoughts and feelings occurring on the edge of consciousness. Also one’s children; if flying off, children leaving home. Wasp, hornets: painful emotions; feeling stung by remarks. Lice, parasites: thoughts or sexual habits which are purely selfish or carry a health risk; feeling others are parasitical. Spider: often the dependent emotions and conflicts one feels ‘caught in’ connected with mother, any emotions you don’t want to ‘handle’, such as those surrounding a spouse leaving. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
Psychologically, insects can represent feelings we would rather do without. This could be something niggling at our consciences, or guilt. Insects tend to signify negative feelings.
3- Psychically insects can appear in dreams as some kind of threat.
This is one reason why they are often used in psychological thrillers and science fiction. More positively, insects can appear in dreams as reminders of instinctive behaviour.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
If a single creature, this may be a communication from your inner self. Bees were considered divine messengers by several ancient civilizations.
Revulsion: Sickness, decay, corruption, or filth. What the insects are flying around should provide more insight as to the source of these feelings.
If you are an insect with wings, possibly a type of flying dream.
Feeling as small and insignificant as an insect.
Petty annoyances. Usually manifested in the dream as buzzing or flying insects from which you cannot rid yourself.
(see Clothes, Fabric)
Working out a difficult situation by diligently applying a little pressure.
If the iron appears at a dry cleaners, this indicates that you’re hoping for someone else to straighten things out.
The advice here is not to pass the buck on a problem that is best handled yourself.
An unattended iron symbolizes a potential hazard resulting from misapplied energy, often of an emotionally heated nature. Take care right now that you’re paying attention to those who care about you, and their feelings.
If something’s amiss, iron it out!... The Language of Dreams
Depth Psychology: Seemingly insignificant events turn out to be more important than you thought. Guilt feelings or a bad conscience is bothering you. See Bee, Fly, Spider.
The insect represents instinctive actions and conduct. Whether your actions are beneficial or harmful can be determined bv look- ing at the rest of the dream images.... Dreamers Dictionary
A mantis represents deviousness, particularly of a spiritual kind. It is that trickster part of us that can create problems when things are effectively working out for us; it is that aspect of our personality which perhaps preys on the other parts and will not take its place within our overall integration. More positively, insects such as ants can appear in dreams as reminders of instinctive behaviour.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
To be aware of a predatory insect such as a mantis may indicate that we are conscious of trickery around us. Whatever threatens us does so on a very basic level, and we may have no defences, except those of our own nature.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
To dream of a swarm of flies indicates the deliberate intention of a large group of individuals. Where one insect may appear to be moving aimlessly, large numbers do not. Often we can only succeed in changing matters by group behaviour. As with most insects, the mantis often represents something devious within our lives.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
• • Negative words spoken against you.
• • Things that are an annoyance.
• • Things that bring fear.
• • A spirit of destruction (as in the ointment that was spoiled).
• • The presence of Satan himself, displayed as the Lord of the Flies.
It is important to remember that insects can mean different things to different people. Apply the principles in the Way of Dreams and Visions book for all internal dreams, and ask yourself this question: • What does this insect mean to ME (or to the person who had the dream)? • It is very seldom that insects would be positive. However you might dream that you are crushing insects. Or perhaps you are overcoming them in a dream, where you are the main character.
• This would be positive! It would mean that you are overcoming something negative in your life.
• A lady bug is an insect that pollinates fruit and is a good picture of something that is being used of God to assist you in bringing fruitfulness in your life.
• I shared an illustration in the Dreams and Visions book of a lady who had a fear of spiders. She had a dream where she was crushing them. Spiders represented fear in her dreams. By dreaming that she was crushing them, it spoke of how she was overcoming fear in her life! • So ask yourself, “How do I feel about this insect in real life? Does it bring fear? It is just an annoyance? It is a pet? Does it provide a benefit? (like a bee that provides honey).” • You decide and apply it then to your internal dream. Negative: Once again, what does the insect mean to you? If you dream of having insects swarming you, this is not likely a good dream! • It could speak of things annoying you that are overpowering you in real life. It might speak of fears that are assailing you, or problems that are getting too much.
• I grew up having some horrible experiences with cockroaches.
To this day they give me the creeps even more than spiders! Although they clearly speak of the work of the enemy in visions, in my case dreaming of a cockroach would likely speak of my inner fears or things that I would rather avoid.
• Do you see how important it is to identify the symbols in an internal dream?
There are some positive references to insects in Scripture.
For example locusts were something that the Israelites were allowed to eat. (Leviticus 11:22) • There is another passage that speaks of how Samson was given honey from some bees that had made their home in the carcass of a lion. (Judges 14:8) • Then again let us not forget the plague: • Exodus 10:14 And the locusts went up over all the land of Egypt, and rested in all the coasts of Egypt: very grievous [were they]; before them there were no such locusts as they, neither after them shall be such.
• So my conclusion is this: If your vision or prophetic dream has a positive connotation, then the insects would speak of something that provides sustenance.
• It speaks of spiritual food, or the Lord providing for your basic needs.
• However, the Lord also sent a plague of insects on Egypt to deliver His people. So in this case, seeing a plague of insects in a positive light could speak of the Lord sending judgment on the system of the world to bring blessing to His people.
In general insects are unclean in scripture and speak of the work of the enemy I often see insects in the spirit when praying for healing. When I see them I know that I am dealing with a spirit of infirmity.
• David spoke about a swarm of bees that stung like thorns.
• Then the enemy of the Israelites was referred to as a swarm of bees. (Deut 1:44) • Flies • Flies specifically always have a negative connotation. They are often tied in with Satan himself, being known as the Beelzebub, Lord of the flies.
• On a personal note, in the spirit when I have seen Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies, the vision has often represented things that relate to the New Age cult.
• When I have given personal ministry and seen this demon, after questioning the person it turns out they had some New Age involvement.
• I do not encourage you to get ‘hung up’ on demons, but if you do come across this in personal ministry, you know what it is and how to deal with it.
• Remember, the enemy CANNOT attack you, unless he has been given license through sin.
The book the Way of Blessing is a powerful resource to understanding this better.
• Leviticus 11:43 You will not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creeps, neither will you make yourselves unclean with them, that you should be defiled by it.
• These are loathsome creatures that scurry in the dark and feed in dirt.
If you • see cockroaches in the spirit then you know that the enemy has gained license to your life. Because of their nature they are a good representation of small sins that have crept into your life.
• The good news is, that just as they are easy to squash in the natural, so can you easily take authority over any work of the enemy in the spirit.
Ant, Beelzebub, Bees, Caterpillar, Fleas, Flies, Locusts.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
An island can also represent safety in that, by isolating ourselves, we are not subject to external pressures.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
To a woman, this omens a happy marriage.
A barren island, indicates forfeiture of happiness and money through intemperance.
To see an island, denotes comfort and easy circumstances after much striving and worrying to meet honorable obligations.
To see people on an island, denotes a struggle to raise yourself higher in prominent circles. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
The sea or the ocean generally symbolizes our unconscious. Thus, if you were very lonely or fearful of the waters around you, it may be an indication that you are unwilling to look deeply into yourself. You may be afraid of the materials that are under the surface of your conscious thoughts and feelings.... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
If you were content, serene, and happy, the dream suggests you need to take time for rest and renewal.
If you were lonely and afraid, it may indicate you need to look deeply into yourself in order to sort out your thoughts and feelings towards life, a person, or a situation.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
A longing for harmony and peace, wanting to leave the world; vacation. As the “island of dreams,” this image is a symbol of self, pointing to a self- directed life, autonomy, and independence. Also, a symbol of the unconscious.
ASTROLOGY: A symbol of Aquarius.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
An island can also represent safety in that, by- isolating ourselves, we are not subject to external pressures.
2- Occasionally we all need to recharge our batteries, and to dream of an island can help, or warn us, to do this. Dreaming of a desert or treasure island indicates there is something to be gained by being alone and exploring our ability to cope with such a situation. We may actually function better in some wav.
3- In dreams an island can signify a spiritual retreat somewhere that is cut ofT from the world - which will allow us to contemplate our own spiritual Self.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
Isolation and solitude, sometimes by choice. In these moments remember that even Moses had to spend time alone to find his destiny (see Desert).
Being shipwrecked by, or stranded in, life’s storms, without emotional support (see Boat, Water).
An archetypal Paradise or Eden where one strives for wholeness. In the myths of the Russians, Norse, Danes, and Hindus, islands are places filled with magical creatures and idyllic peace (see Garden).
Unshakable resolve and strength (e.g., being the “island in the stoi7n”).... The Language of Dreams
An island in a dream may also represent the return to paradise or the pnmordial garden of innocence.... Ariadne's Book of Dream
Depth Psychology: An island reflects fear about the responsibilities of life and—in that sense—is an attempt to take flight from reality (or to retreat from the world). Sometimes it might simply be a matter of needing some peace and solitude after a particularly hectic period.
The dream can also be a warning about not isolating or withdrawing.... Dreamers Dictionary
To dream that you are stranded on an island signifies that you are wallowing in despair and are at a lost as to what to do with your life. Alternatively, you may be seeking a form of refuge. Perhaps you are refusing to confront certain situations and have opted to run away from the inevitable.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
If the dreamer is running away from enemies to seek refuge on an island, it indicates a deep wish to escape from present conditions.
If there are many people on the island, the dreamer is lonely and seeks new companions.
The island represents a desire for unlimited freedom.... Psycho Dream Interpretation