The object of your worship. Things that have the place of honor in your life. Negative: I think we can both agree that there is no place for a positive interpretation for an idol in our lives.
The only time an idol would be positive is if you saw it being broken down.
• An idol in a dream or a vision is a representation of something that is taking your time, affection and worship.
• As we know the scriptures are clear on having any idols before the Lord.
The Lord alone should have this place in your life.
• If you have a vision of an idol while praying for a ministry or church, then the Lord is saying that they are putting other things before Him.
• People • Often people that are close to you can become an idol in your life. You begin to seek their affection and their direction for your life more than the Lord’s. Although the Lord will always use man to speak to you, at the end of the day, it is God that you should worship.
• Unfortunately in a church age of ‘super leaders’ there are many that turn the attention away from the Lord and onto them and ‘their gifts.’ It was unacceptable for the Children of Israel and it is still unacceptable in the church.
• Golden Calf • To see a golden calf in the spirit speaks of heresy and doctrine that is not of God.
• The Work of Your Hands • Often the things you have accomplished and done with your own works becomes more important than what the Lord wants you to do. Often when • these things take priority in your life, the Lord will ask you to sacrifice them just like He asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac.
• Acts 7:41 And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice to the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.