The smell of perfume in a dream is a symbol of the fragrant presence of Christ, Song. 3:6
Vision: Using perfume on yourself: you are trying to deceive others. Giving perfume as a gift: your attempts to find favor with another person are going to be successful. In a mans dream, smelling perfume: you are influenced by a female whose thoughts and actions will have negative effects on you. See Makeup.
Depth Psychology: Perfume is a symbol of your attempts to gloss over your mistakes and failures (selling something negative by making it fragrant). People around you will soon smell a rat. See Smell.
If you smell perfume, or apply perfume, you will have a date with a very attractive member of the opposite sex. You will think about becoming romantically involved with him or her.
(Oils) In a dream, perfume means acknowledgment, commendation, or hearing pleasing words.
If one sees his bottle of perfume evaporating in the dream, it means regards accompanied with apprehension and danger.
If a sick person smells perfumed oils in his dream, it means his death.
If a woman perfumes herself in a dream, it means engaging in good deeds.
If she is unmarried, it means that she will get married and the same goes for men.
If a thief or an impostor anoint himself with perfume in a dream, it means that he will repent for stealing. (Also see Amber; Galia moschata; Musk)
Wanting to look good and be seen in positive terms, loved, and accepted. Addresses the power of attraction and subtle radiance. Like the fragrance of a perfume that evaporates quickly, your understanding of yourself and others is difficult to maintain. On the other hand, making a definite statement (with a fragrance) about your presence, the scent of the perfume expresses sexuality and fantasies.
To dream of smelling perfume, generally represents good fortune and happiness.
If you dream of being overwhelmed by unpleasant perfume, too much self-indulgence will have a bad influence on your ability to think clearly.
1. Pleasure and romance, often emotional (not necessarily in relationship).
2. A need or desire for sensual pleasure; taking the time to enjoy it.
3. Embarrassment (to receive as a gift).
4. Corruption (bad perfume).
Dreams of perfume represent the sweet smell of success. Often a fragrance will connect you with memories and associations from the past.
If you dream of something that smells good, then this is a sign that something fortuitous is happening.
also see Odour and Smell
1- When we dream of smelling perfume, we are often being reminded of particular memories. Smells can be extremelv evocative and we may need to recapture a certain emotion associated with that specific perfume.
2- Certain perfumes may remind us of people we have known. We may have a good or bad reaction to that smell. Just as people appearing in dreams remind us of our own qualities, so also can perfumes.
3- Intuitive information can often recognised because of a particular perfume.
To dream of inhaling perfume, is an augury of happy incidents.
For you to perfume your garments and person, denotes that you will seek and obtain adulation. Being oppressed by it to intoxication, denotes that excesses in joy will impair your mental qualities.
To spill perfume, denotes that you will lose something which affords you pleasure.
To break a bottle of perfume, foretells that your most cherished wishes and desires will end disastrously, even while they promise a happy culmination.
To dream that you are distilling perfume, denotes that your employments and associations will be of the pleasantest character.
For a young woman to dream of perfuming her bath, foretells ecstatic happenings.
If she receives it as a gift from a man, she will experience fascinating, but dangerous pleasures.
General Meaning: Perfume, oil, myrrh and incense often share the same interpretations.
• Some common interpretations for perfume are: Our praise to the Lord, being beautified, being prepared, being honored and being cleansed.
• Perfume changes your emotions and causes you to be drawn to it. It can be a pleasant experience, or it can speak of being caught in a trap.
• Referring to how perfume lifts the emotions: • Proverbs 27:9 Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so [does] the sweetness of a man’s friend by hearty counsel.
• Dreams • Positive: A bride was prepared with oils and perfume to prepare her for her wedding night. Esther is a good example of this.
• This speaks of the Bride of Christ being prepared and made ready for her Groom. It speaks of her falling in love with her Groom - which is Jesus Christ.
• The Scriptures also speak of our praise being as incense before the Lord; that it is a pleasing smell before Him.
• Incense was offered before the Lord twenty-four hours a day under the Old Covenant. Our incense is our praise and worship.
• Speaking of the Love of Bride and Groom • Song of Solomon 4:10 How beautiful is your love, my beloved, [my] bride! how much better is your love than wine! and the fragrance of your perfume than all spices! • As believers we also diffuse the perfume of Christ everywhere we go - or we should anyway! • Because of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, as we go through this world, we carry that treasure inside of us.
• It is just like wearing perfume. Everyone that passes you should be effected by it. I give a good description of this in the Practical Prophetic Ministry book when teaching on the ministry of the prophet.
• 2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks [be] to God, which always causes us to triumph in Christ, and makes manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place.
The Scripture also speaks of the perfume of the harlot and adulteress.
• It speaks of being captured and seduced into the things of the world; of being deceived into thinking that you are being offered something good, when in fact it is false and full of sin.
• Speaking of the harlot (world) that seduces; a love that is false and empty: • Proverbs 7:171 have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
• 18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
• 22 He goes after her immediately as an ox goes to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks
Aloes, Honey, Oil.