In a dream, a perfume salesman represents a gnostic, an ascetic, a devout worshiper, or a man of letters. Anyone who sits with him will carry some fragrance of his perfumes, or learn about an etiquette, adopt good manners, learn something about his arts, enjoy a happy surrounding, or earn praises, except if the perfume salesman is burning incense, for the smoke that emanates from burning incense in a dream denotes guarded praises.
A perfume salesman in a dream also represents a beautician. Seeing him in a dream also means knowledge, guidance, earning praises or receiving a commendation. (Also see Amber; Musk; Perfume)
For you to perfume your garments and person, denotes that you will seek and obtain adulation. Being oppressed by it to intoxication, denotes that excesses in joy will impair your mental qualities.
To spill perfume, denotes that you will lose something which affords you pleasure.
To break a bottle of perfume, foretells that your most cherished wishes and desires will end disastrously, even while they promise a happy culmination.
To dream that you are distilling perfume, denotes that your employments and associations will be of the pleasantest character.
For a young woman to dream of perfuming her bath, foretells ecstatic happenings.
If she receives it as a gift from a man, she will experience fascinating, but dangerous pleasures. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
If one sees his bottle of perfume evaporating in the dream, it means regards accompanied with apprehension and danger.
If a sick person smells perfumed oils in his dream, it means his death.
If a woman perfumes herself in a dream, it means engaging in good deeds.
If she is unmarried, it means that she will get married and the same goes for men.
If a thief or an impostor anoint himself with perfume in a dream, it means that he will repent for stealing. (Also see Amber; Galia moschata; Musk)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
1- When we dream of smelling perfume, we are often being reminded of particular memories. Smells can be extremelv evocative and we may need to recapture a certain emotion associated with that specific perfume.
2- Certain perfumes may remind us of people we have known. We may have a good or bad reaction to that smell. Just as people appearing in dreams remind us of our own qualities, so also can perfumes.
3- Intuitive information can often recognised because of a particular perfume.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
Depth Psychology: Perfume is a symbol of your attempts to gloss over your mistakes and failures (selling something negative by making it fragrant). People around you will soon smell a rat. See Smell.... Dreamers Dictionary
If you dream of something that smells good, then this is a sign that something fortuitous is happening.... Strangest Dream Explanations
• Some common interpretations for perfume are: Our praise to the Lord, being beautified, being prepared, being honored and being cleansed.
• Perfume changes your emotions and causes you to be drawn to it. It can be a pleasant experience, or it can speak of being caught in a trap.
• Referring to how perfume lifts the emotions: • Proverbs 27:9 Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so [does] the sweetness of a man’s friend by hearty counsel.
• Dreams • Positive: A bride was prepared with oils and perfume to prepare her for her wedding night. Esther is a good example of this.
• This speaks of the Bride of Christ being prepared and made ready for her Groom. It speaks of her falling in love with her Groom - which is Jesus Christ.
• The Scriptures also speak of our praise being as incense before the Lord; that it is a pleasing smell before Him.
• Incense was offered before the Lord twenty-four hours a day under the Old Covenant. Our incense is our praise and worship.
• Speaking of the Love of Bride and Groom • Song of Solomon 4:10 How beautiful is your love, my beloved, [my] bride! how much better is your love than wine! and the fragrance of your perfume than all spices! • As believers we also diffuse the perfume of Christ everywhere we go - or we should anyway! • Because of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, as we go through this world, we carry that treasure inside of us.
• It is just like wearing perfume. Everyone that passes you should be effected by it. I give a good description of this in the Practical Prophetic Ministry book when teaching on the ministry of the prophet.
• 2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks [be] to God, which always causes us to triumph in Christ, and makes manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place.
The Scripture also speaks of the perfume of the harlot and adulteress.
• It speaks of being captured and seduced into the things of the world; of being deceived into thinking that you are being offered something good, when in fact it is false and full of sin.
• Speaking of the harlot (world) that seduces; a love that is false and empty: • Proverbs 7:171 have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
• 18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
• 22 He goes after her immediately as an ox goes to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks
Aloes, Honey, Oil.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
In European and Victorian American folk beliefs, certain aromas indicate the presence of a spirit (see Ghost), especially favored colognes and perfumes of deceased family members.
Bitter aromas indicate anger, jealousy, and harsh attitudes. This scent can also indicate an attempt to cover up something foul.
Sickly sweet scents reveal insincerity, dishonesty, and hypocrisy.
Light, pleasant aromas are usually associated with positive emotions.
For example, a gentle rose fragrance may symbol ize tender love, and the aroma of honeysuckle may indicate accomplishment (e.g., the “sweet smell of success”).
Memories: Some people respond very strongly to aromas, and can relive experiences through scents appearing in their dreams.... The Language of Dreams
A perfume salesman in a dream also represents a beautician. Seeing him in a dream also means knowledge, guidance, earning praises or receiving a commendation. (Also see Amber; Musk; Perfume)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
A smell can remind us of a particular situation or person. Odour attracts, repels, relaxes or offends, and so depicts feeling responses and intuition, and may summarise what we feel about a person or situation. Frequently in dreams a smell expresses an intuition of something rotten in one’s life if the smell is bad—rotten might mean ‘bad’ emotions felt in a relationship, a hunch or feelings about something, as in the example; memories. Good smell: good feelings; non-verbalised intimations or love.
Also explainable by the large number of idioms regarding smell. Idioms: on the right scent; throw someone off the scent; in bad/good odour with; odour of sanctity; smell a rat; smell of greasepaint; smells fishy; something stinks to high heaven; like stink; raise a stink; what you did stinks. See nose under body. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
A wheat salesman in a dream denotes someone who loves the world and does not think about his life in the hereafter.
If one sees himself receiving money for his merchandise, or if he discards his profits from the sale in his dream, such an act maybe rewarding. Selling yarn in a dream means travel. Selling salt in a dream means earning extra money. Selling expensive fashion clothing and declining from taking money in a dream represents a trustworthy person who will attain a high ranking position.
A fruit salesman in a dream represents a hard-working man who gives priority to his religious life over that of the world.
An aromatic herbs salesperson in a dream represents a soft hearted man who cries easily, or a Quran reader who recites its verses in an emotional way that affects his listeners. Birds salesman in a dream represents a pimp, while a lead salesman in a dream represents someone with meagre goals.... Islamic Dream Interpretation