Vision: Seeing a dog in a dream: you will soon gain a new and faithful friend. Seeing a black dog: a friend is turning out to be dishonest. Seeing a red dog: you can’t rely on your friends. See Fox. Hearing dogs bark: you may quarrel with your neighbors or they may be bad-mouthing you. Being bitten by a dog is a sign of a bad conscience. Dogs fighting over a bone means a family fight about an inheritance. Being attacked by a dog: be careful, you are acting more from instinct than logic. See Poodle.
Depth Psychology: The dog is a symbol of animal appetites and instincts. Being led by a dog means: you are aware of your inner strength and live in harmony with it.
The “dog” in the dream will obey if we live in peace with our instincts.... Dreamers Dictionary
• Bulldog: A bulldog may symbolize a bull-headed individual who looks tough on the outside but is actually quite lovable.
• Chihuahua: A Chihuahua may arrive to remind you of a fnend or associate with a small ego and a nervous disposition.
• Dalmatians: In that the Dalmatian is often a companion to firefighters, the appearance of Dalmatians in a dream may point to a tendency to want to rescue others or to put out their emotional fires for them.
The appearance of those charming spotted pups from the Disney animated movie may also comment on your need to be everything to everyone. As the carriage dogs for royalty, the Dalmatian may indicate that you have elevated your friends to regal status. Thus the overall message may be that although your friends deserve to be honored, you may need to consider honoring yourself.
• German shepherd: A German shepherd may appear to let you know that you are on guard or that you may need some real protection from a special friend.
Golden retriever: Dreaming of a golden retriever may indicate that you need to retrieve an old friendship or other relationship.
• Newfoundland: Newfoundlands are renowned as rescue dogs.
A Newfoundland may symbolize that you are in need of rescue in a business deal or partnership or in a personal relationship.
• Poodle: A poodle may arrive to remind you of someone who is well groomed or someone who is just pnssy.... Ariadne's Book of Dream