Sun-like, strong, physically and spiritually
Nakedness; revealing that which you don’t want to reveal; baring it all. Astrological parallel: Aries Tarot parallel: Strength reversed... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
• Positive: To see a new gate in a dream or vision is a picture of a new season in your life. Depending on the kind of gate, you will have a clearer picture on the kind of season that the Lord is taking you into.
• It represents the start of something new, but also the end of something as well.
To go through a gate means to leave the old behind. (Much like the picture of a door) With a gate though, the picture speaks more of not just a single opportunity but a change in your life as a whole.
• I see gates often in the spirit and will share a bit of my own experience to help you identify what God is showing you.
• Golden Gate • I often see the gates as golden in my visions and they are a picture of a new season in my ministry.
A clear ministry road. Usually the gate or road ahead is bigger or quite different to the one before.
• Gold is a picture of the deity of God and a good picture of ministry. This speaks of a new focus and season in ministry.
The birth of a new ministry vision.
• Silver Gate • Silver is a picture of our redemption in Christ as well as a good symbol for money.
A silver gate represents a new season in your business and work place.
• Double Door Gate • I have seen this often relating to couples. How each are going through the same gate but each have their own aspect to add to the vision that God is giving them.
• Garden Gate • This speaks of a season of joy and rest. I have seen the Lord lead someone through a garden gate into a garden to tend. This speaks of a season of training but in a secure and pleasant environment.
• Desert Gate • There are times that I have seen the Lord lead someone to a gate where there is a desert or wilderness on the other side. When this happens, I know that he is leading this person into a season of ministry training.
• Jesus Himself was led to the wilderness before his ministry took off and this is valid for us still today.
Gate of the City • When the gate is from the enemy to lock us in, then it is not positive. However as in the case with Samson, he simply picked the city gate up and carried it up the hill! • In the same way if you see a gate that is locking you in, it is for you to stand in the name of the Lord Jesus and to come against it!
Door, Road.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
A symbol of wealth and fertility. In mythology, cutting off the hair is the equivalent of castration. Samson was robbed of his strength when Delilah cut off his locks. Hair for men is a sign of freedom; for women, long hair is a sign of femininity. According to Robert Bly, wild men and wild women are always covered with hair. Those who dream about “hairy” beings are on the way to satisfying their own nature, longing for vitality. This longing for “the wild energies” to be set free is clearly expressed in the musical Hair, which depicts the mythology of the sixties generation.
Today, hair often appears in dreams in connection with wanting to create a certain image, one that we would like to present to the outside world. It also may refer to “splitting hairs.”
According to an ancient Indian interpretation, hair that has been cut off means grief and sorrow.
Also, hair-dreams are thought to be about close relatives. And, in addition, they may mean spiritual and intellectual property.
According to Freud, hair, as a secondary sexual characteristic, has phallic meaning. Also, according to Freud and Steckel in The Language of Dreams, dreaming of hair means castration.
In mythology, hair and beards play an important role.
The chiefs of the Masai were afraid they would lose their supernatural powers when their hair or beards were cut.
For many primitive tribes, hair was considered taboo.
To be protected from danger means never getting your hair cut. Kings in Franconia (Germany) would lose their throne if they had their hair cut. Young warriors of Teutonic tribes could cut their hair and beard only after they had killed their first enemy. Hair, therefore, seems to mean power, strength, and magical vitality.
Folklore: Abundant hair means wealth; little or gray hair, troubles.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
Personal strength (as with Samson).
Long hair: Equates to the wisdom and sagacity that comes through a long, well-lived life, especially if the color is gray. Alternatively, prosperity. In Asia, long hair was so valuable that it was used as currency.
Cutting: Drastic life changes. Many religious orders mark initiation rites through the cutting of hair, notably of monks and nuns (see Religions).
Power: In Tantric Oriental traditions, undoing the hair was a way to access the forces of creation and destruction. Also, in European folklore it was believed that a witch could increase the power of her spell by letting down her hair during its casting (see Incantation).
Consider the texture and style for further symbolic clues.
For example, hair brought up in a very tight bun reveals someone who is prim, sometimes to the point of restrictiveness. Disheveled hair, on the other hand, exposes confusion and a flurry of activity-. Dyed hair reveals someone concealing true thoughts, and greasy hair suggests a person with a “slick” disposition.
Baldness: Too much thought, or possibly a visual metaphor for “pulling your hair out.”
Being cut by a barber: x\ttention to details, and being meticulous in your efforts especially with regard to personal appearances.
Wigs: A false line of reasoning.... The Language of Dreams
• • Negative words spoken against you.
• • Things that are an annoyance.
• • Things that bring fear.
• • A spirit of destruction (as in the ointment that was spoiled).
• • The presence of Satan himself, displayed as the Lord of the Flies.
It is important to remember that insects can mean different things to different people. Apply the principles in the Way of Dreams and Visions book for all internal dreams, and ask yourself this question: • What does this insect mean to ME (or to the person who had the dream)? • It is very seldom that insects would be positive. However you might dream that you are crushing insects. Or perhaps you are overcoming them in a dream, where you are the main character.
• This would be positive! It would mean that you are overcoming something negative in your life.
• A lady bug is an insect that pollinates fruit and is a good picture of something that is being used of God to assist you in bringing fruitfulness in your life.
• I shared an illustration in the Dreams and Visions book of a lady who had a fear of spiders. She had a dream where she was crushing them. Spiders represented fear in her dreams. By dreaming that she was crushing them, it spoke of how she was overcoming fear in her life! • So ask yourself, “How do I feel about this insect in real life? Does it bring fear? It is just an annoyance? It is a pet? Does it provide a benefit? (like a bee that provides honey).” • You decide and apply it then to your internal dream. Negative: Once again, what does the insect mean to you? If you dream of having insects swarming you, this is not likely a good dream! • It could speak of things annoying you that are overpowering you in real life. It might speak of fears that are assailing you, or problems that are getting too much.
• I grew up having some horrible experiences with cockroaches.
To this day they give me the creeps even more than spiders! Although they clearly speak of the work of the enemy in visions, in my case dreaming of a cockroach would likely speak of my inner fears or things that I would rather avoid.
• Do you see how important it is to identify the symbols in an internal dream?
There are some positive references to insects in Scripture.
For example locusts were something that the Israelites were allowed to eat. (Leviticus 11:22) • There is another passage that speaks of how Samson was given honey from some bees that had made their home in the carcass of a lion. (Judges 14:8) • Then again let us not forget the plague: • Exodus 10:14 And the locusts went up over all the land of Egypt, and rested in all the coasts of Egypt: very grievous [were they]; before them there were no such locusts as they, neither after them shall be such.
• So my conclusion is this: If your vision or prophetic dream has a positive connotation, then the insects would speak of something that provides sustenance.
• It speaks of spiritual food, or the Lord providing for your basic needs.
• However, the Lord also sent a plague of insects on Egypt to deliver His people. So in this case, seeing a plague of insects in a positive light could speak of the Lord sending judgment on the system of the world to bring blessing to His people.
In general insects are unclean in scripture and speak of the work of the enemy I often see insects in the spirit when praying for healing. When I see them I know that I am dealing with a spirit of infirmity.
• David spoke about a swarm of bees that stung like thorns.
• Then the enemy of the Israelites was referred to as a swarm of bees. (Deut 1:44) • Flies • Flies specifically always have a negative connotation. They are often tied in with Satan himself, being known as the Beelzebub, Lord of the flies.
• On a personal note, in the spirit when I have seen Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies, the vision has often represented things that relate to the New Age cult.
• When I have given personal ministry and seen this demon, after questioning the person it turns out they had some New Age involvement.
• I do not encourage you to get ‘hung up’ on demons, but if you do come across this in personal ministry, you know what it is and how to deal with it.
• Remember, the enemy CANNOT attack you, unless he has been given license through sin.
The book the Way of Blessing is a powerful resource to understanding this better.
• Leviticus 11:43 You will not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creeps, neither will you make yourselves unclean with them, that you should be defiled by it.
• These are loathsome creatures that scurry in the dark and feed in dirt.
If you • see cockroaches in the spirit then you know that the enemy has gained license to your life. Because of their nature they are a good representation of small sins that have crept into your life.
• The good news is, that just as they are easy to squash in the natural, so can you easily take authority over any work of the enemy in the spirit.
Ant, Beelzebub, Bees, Caterpillar, Fleas, Flies, Locusts.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
• A ship is tied to the dock with a rope, representing security.
• A threefold cord speaks of strength and unity. It can be a very positive thing if it is tying a couple together in marriage.
• I recall a vision when my husband Craig and I were receiving ministry about being married. Apostle Les saw a vision of us tied together with strong ropes that could not be broken.
• Because my parents had been divorced, I feared the same thing in my own life.
The Lord made me a strong promise that I had nothing to fear. I am glad to say that our marriage is going stronger than ever! • With my husband, myself and the Lord, we are a picture of a threefold cord that could not be broken.
• Ecclesiastes 4:12 And if a one is overwhelmed, two can stand together; a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
To dream of having your hands tied is a picture of being restricted and unable to do the things you need to do.
• Being tied by rope to something could also indicate that you are being bound by whatever that object or person represents in your dreams.
• Being bound by a rope can speak of the work of the enemy to bind you and prevent you from doing what the Lord wants you to do, just like Delilah bound Samson.
• Judges 15:13 ...And they bound him with two new cords, and brought him up from the rock.
• A rope attaching you to someone else could speak of a spiritual bond that needs to be broken. In the spirit, you might see a person tied with cords that are in turn attached to various people.
• If the people you see are family members, then that rope is a picture of generational bondage.
• You can also see this in relation to past mentors or friends that you have not fully let go yet.
If you see this vision, then the Lord is telling you to let those people go and to move on.
• For more on how to break spiritual links, read The Way of Blessing. See also: Cords, Chains.... The Way of Dreams and Visions