To come close to a person in your dreaming with a pure and sweet breath, commendable will be your conduct, and a profitable consummation of business deals will follow. Breath if fetid, indicates sickness and snares. Losing one’s breath, denotes signal failure where success seemed assured. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
A place of restriction and oppression. Dreams • In interpreting a cage in an internal dream, I would not see a positive connotation to it unless your enemies were in that cage! In dreaming that you are in a cage or being held captive, it would represent your lack of freedom.
• This would indicate that you are bound either by your circumstance, by your past or by some form of oppression.
The enemy keeps you in bondage while the Lord gives freedom.
• The mind can often be a cage in that it restricts you. Your analytical mind could be stopping your progress.
A cage also represents fear, which could indicate being bound by a fear of the past that has been exposed again in your life.
• In personal experience I have seen people in cages and the Lord has told me that they have put themselves in the cage. One such case was a woman who had a fear of opening herself up to the Lord. I saw her in a cage and the Lord being able to only pass small objects through it to her.
The interpretation was that because she had closed off her heart to the Lord out of fear, He could only give her small blessings because of her restriction.
• Visions • I could not find a positive connotation for a cage in Scripture either.
A cage in an external dream or vision speaks of the deceit and devices of the enemy. It is a warning of a trap that has been set, or it is a word of knowledge that the person you are ministering to is in bondage.
• Jeremiah 5:26 For among my people are found wicked [men]: they lay wait, as he that sets snares; they set a trap, they catch men.
• 27 As a cage is full of birds, so [are] their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and become rich.
• It is a place of evil and a place where the enemy and his evil works abound Revelation 18:2 ...and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
For farmers to dream of the devil, denotes blasted crops and death among stock, also family sickness. Sporting people should heed this dream as a warning to be careful of their affairs, as they are likely to venture beyond the laws of their State.
For a preacher, this dream is undeniable proof that he is over-zealous, and should forebear worshiping God by tongue-lashing his neighbor.
To dream of the devil as being a large, imposingly dressed person, wearing many sparkling jewels on his body and hands, trying to persuade you to enter his abode, warns you that unscrupulous persons are seeking your ruin by the most ingenious flattery. Young and innocent women, should seek the stronghold of friends after this dream, and avoid strange attentions, especially from married men. Women of low character, are likely to be robbed of jewels and money by seeming strangers. Beware of associating with the devil, even in dreams. He is always the forerunner of despair.
If you dream of being pursued by his majesty, you will fall into snares set for you by enemies in the guise of friends.
To a lover, this denotes that he will be won away from his allegiance by a wanton. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
Old, torn shoes symbolize snares along the path, or long, hard roads traveled to obtain your heart’s desire. These can also reveal a tendency to always fall back on what’s comfortable and known to you, instead of taking risks.
Boots are protective, so this dream may portend some rough footing’ ahead for which you should prepare.
Wearing unusual shoes in a dream may indicate a need to see things differently. Try looking at this situation from another perspective (e.g., “walking a mile in someone else’s shoes”).
The kind of shoes seen in the dream can reveal how you walk through life.
For example, seeing baby shoes means that you’re very unsure of things, and compensate by moving slowly. Ballet shoes can disclose a person who either tiptoes through difficult situations, or someone who has unique grace and mobility.
Trying on shoes represents testing various options until you find the perfect one (e.g., “if the shoe fits, wear it”).
Yearing new shoes symbolizes change and transitions with which you may not be totally comfortable yet.
In Egypt and Greece, shoes were part of fertility rights, which is how they became part of marriage rituals today. So, the throwing of a shoe or seeing numerous shoes following behind you in a dream represents productivity or abundance.
Small shoes symbolize virginity, or being naive about worldly matters, as in the storv of Cinderella.... The Language of Dreams