The meaning of squash in dream | Dream Interpretation
The food figurative of that which is weak and fearful if yellow; see “food”
A court such as a tennis or squash court suggests an acceptable way of acting out our competitive instincts.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If food is served on a forbidden golden or silver platter in the dream, it represents unlawful money, extensive debts, eating and chewing one’s food with desire and gluttony. Swallowing what one is chewingmeans debts or collectors demanding their money. Eating with the right hand in a dream means success. Eating with the left hand in a dream means falling in the trap of one’s enemy and displeasing one’s friends. Eating from someone else’s hand in a dream means good abstinence and trusting in God Almighty as one’s sole sustainer, Eating from someone else’s hand in a dream also can be interpreted as a sickness or inability to eat with one’s own hand. Eating sweets in a dream means solving a problem through kindness. Ifthe food is greasy in the dream, it means that one’s problem is a lasting one. Sour food in a dream means steadfastness. Sour food in one’s mouth in a dream also means pain and sufferings. Yellow food in a dream means sickness, except for fowl’s meat. Drinking food the way one drinks liquids in a dream means increase in one’s earnings. Eating at a wedding in a dream means glad tidings. Eating at a reception after a funeral in a dream means distress and sorrow. Any food that has a long shelf life in a dream means profits and continuous benefits. Meat, eggplant, squash or the like food in a dream represent temporary benefit or seasonal earnings. Eating at the tables of royalties or rich people in a dream means rising in rank, or renewing the mandate of one’s office. Eating squash in a dream also means guidance, following the true religious precepts, or it could mean vigilance. Eating food from the table of people of knowledge in a dream means acquiring knowledge, guidance, wisdom and blessings. Eating food from the plate of a policeman or a soldier in a dream means committing adultery or receivingmoney from an unlawful source. Eating the food of poor people or pious ones in a dream means repentance from sin or receiving guidance. Eating the food of nomads or bedouins in a dream means travels, rising in station or changes in one’s conditions. Eating a meal that is cooked with meat in a dream means richness for a poor person. Eating a meal that is cooked without meat in a dream also may mean poverty, or it could mean devotion.
If one’s meal turns into something better in the dream, it means advancement in one’s spiritual life.
If one’s food turns bitter or sour in the dream, itmeans changing a spouse or ajob. Ifone cookes a tasty meal in a dream, it means attaining a high ranking job, or it could mean prospering after suffering from a painful poverty. Ifsomeone else cooks one’s meal in the dream, it means dealing with a treachrous person and in this case, it means that one should fear for his life or about doing business with him, or it could mean that he may receive a helping hand in doing his job.
If one eats an unbearably hot food in a dream, it means adversities. Ifone finds his mouth filled with food, and if there is still a cavity for more food in the dream, it means confusion, or it could represent the balance of his life in this world.
If one manages to grind and swallow the food in his mouth in a dream, it means that he will overcome his difficulties. Receiving a sour or a bitter tasting food from someone in a dream means hearing harsh words, and the same interpretation is given if one offers someone sour or bitter food in a dream.
If he eats it, then it means sorrow, sadness and distress.
If one finds himself eating it patiently and thanks God Almighty for it in the dream, it means that he will escape from such dangers. (Also see Chewing food; Guest; Hospitality; Swallowing; Table)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
• • Negative words spoken against you.
• • Things that are an annoyance.
• • Things that bring fear.
• • A spirit of destruction (as in the ointment that was spoiled).
• • The presence of Satan himself, displayed as the Lord of the Flies.
It is important to remember that insects can mean different things to different people. Apply the principles in the Way of Dreams and Visions book for all internal dreams, and ask yourself this question: • What does this insect mean to ME (or to the person who had the dream)? • It is very seldom that insects would be positive. However you might dream that you are crushing insects. Or perhaps you are overcoming them in a dream, where you are the main character.
• This would be positive! It would mean that you are overcoming something negative in your life.
• A lady bug is an insect that pollinates fruit and is a good picture of something that is being used of God to assist you in bringing fruitfulness in your life.
• I shared an illustration in the Dreams and Visions book of a lady who had a fear of spiders. She had a dream where she was crushing them. Spiders represented fear in her dreams. By dreaming that she was crushing them, it spoke of how she was overcoming fear in her life! • So ask yourself, “How do I feel about this insect in real life? Does it bring fear? It is just an annoyance? It is a pet? Does it provide a benefit? (like a bee that provides honey).” • You decide and apply it then to your internal dream. Negative: Once again, what does the insect mean to you? If you dream of having insects swarming you, this is not likely a good dream! • It could speak of things annoying you that are overpowering you in real life. It might speak of fears that are assailing you, or problems that are getting too much.
• I grew up having some horrible experiences with cockroaches.
To this day they give me the creeps even more than spiders! Although they clearly speak of the work of the enemy in visions, in my case dreaming of a cockroach would likely speak of my inner fears or things that I would rather avoid.
• Do you see how important it is to identify the symbols in an internal dream?
There are some positive references to insects in Scripture.
For example locusts were something that the Israelites were allowed to eat. (Leviticus 11:22) • There is another passage that speaks of how Samson was given honey from some bees that had made their home in the carcass of a lion. (Judges 14:8) • Then again let us not forget the plague: • Exodus 10:14 And the locusts went up over all the land of Egypt, and rested in all the coasts of Egypt: very grievous [were they]; before them there were no such locusts as they, neither after them shall be such.
• So my conclusion is this: If your vision or prophetic dream has a positive connotation, then the insects would speak of something that provides sustenance.
• It speaks of spiritual food, or the Lord providing for your basic needs.
• However, the Lord also sent a plague of insects on Egypt to deliver His people. So in this case, seeing a plague of insects in a positive light could speak of the Lord sending judgment on the system of the world to bring blessing to His people.
In general insects are unclean in scripture and speak of the work of the enemy I often see insects in the spirit when praying for healing. When I see them I know that I am dealing with a spirit of infirmity.
• David spoke about a swarm of bees that stung like thorns.
• Then the enemy of the Israelites was referred to as a swarm of bees. (Deut 1:44) • Flies • Flies specifically always have a negative connotation. They are often tied in with Satan himself, being known as the Beelzebub, Lord of the flies.
• On a personal note, in the spirit when I have seen Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies, the vision has often represented things that relate to the New Age cult.
• When I have given personal ministry and seen this demon, after questioning the person it turns out they had some New Age involvement.
• I do not encourage you to get ‘hung up’ on demons, but if you do come across this in personal ministry, you know what it is and how to deal with it.
• Remember, the enemy CANNOT attack you, unless he has been given license through sin.
The book the Way of Blessing is a powerful resource to understanding this better.
• Leviticus 11:43 You will not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creeps, neither will you make yourselves unclean with them, that you should be defiled by it.
• These are loathsome creatures that scurry in the dark and feed in dirt.
If you • see cockroaches in the spirit then you know that the enemy has gained license to your life. Because of their nature they are a good representation of small sins that have crept into your life.
• The good news is, that just as they are easy to squash in the natural, so can you easily take authority over any work of the enemy in the spirit.
Ant, Beelzebub, Bees, Caterpillar, Fleas, Flies, Locusts.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
A pumpkin in a dream could also denote medicine and particularly when cooked. Eating pumpkin in a dream also means guidance, following good example, or it could mean temptation. Eating a pumpkin in a dream also means recovering a lost object, or reunitingwith one’s beloved, or correcting one’s spiritual thoughts. Eating raw pumpkin in a dream means becoming scared of roaming spirits (See Jinn), or it could mean fighting with someone. Resting under the shade of a pumpkin in a dream means soliciting peace and safety. It is also said that a pumpkin plant in a dream represents a poor person. Finding a pumpkin in the middle of a plantation of melons in a dream means recovering from a dangerous illness.
A pumpkin in a dream also could mean censure, reproof, or a scolding. Eating a cooked pumpkin in a dream also means acquiring knowledge, or memorizing some of it, or it could mean reestablishing broken ties. Pumpkin in a dream also means distress, trouble, tight financial standing, sickness, or imprisonment.
A pumpkin in a dream also denotes vigilance and clarity of mind. Serving plates or kitchen utensils that are made from dried pumpkin skin in a dream represent beautiful, humorous and noble women. Eating a pumpkin curry dish in a dream means distress, sadness and sorrow. Eating a steamed pumpkin without spices in a dream may mean earnings. (Also see Food)... Islamic Dream Interpretation