All sharp-edged weapons or tools indicate bad news.
There are various types of angels that fall into the categories below. Note that the following interpretations relate to visions or prophetic dreams only.
• It is also worthwhile to note that if you often see angels and demons in the spirit that you function in the gift of discerning of spirits. I cover this gift in detail in the Way of Dreams and Visions book.
• Guardian Angels • Psalms 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
• These angels are issued to you at birth, namely they are your guardian angel. In personal experience, such angels are larger than life and look very powerful in the spirit.
• We often see them dressed in various gear, and they often carry swords and wear sashes.
• Worship Angels • Psalms 148:2 Praise you him, all his angels: praise you him, all his hosts.
• This speaks of the worship angels who worship the Lord in the Throne Room. They are present during praise and worship.
• In personal revelation and experience, such angels usually have wings and sing with the loveliest of voices. They often carry instruments such as harps, tambourines, trumpets and various stringed instruments.
• Messenger Angels • Luke 1:30 And the angel said to her, Fear not, Mary: for you have found favor with God.
• Here is a reference to a messenger angel. He is the one who brings messages from the Lord.
• In personal experience, such angels are plain looking, in flowing robes, often bearing a scroll or ram’s horn.
• Warrior Angels • Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought with his angels • Here is a reference to Michael, the leader of the warrior angels. In personal experience, such angels carry swords, have eyes of fire and look very foreboding.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder; for Satan himself is disguised as an angel of light.
• This speaks of the enemy who appears as an angel of light; a deception. In personal experience, such angels do not reveal their faces and are very bright. They are accompanied by intense emotion and are very forceful.
• Such an angel would try to get you to receive from them or open your heart to them. Doing so would open your heart wide to the enemy, giving him license in your life.
• It is not common for a believer to have experiences with angels, unless they are operating in the gift of discerning of spirits.
• Check all revelations of angels that you receive with someone who is more mature in Christ and will be able to judge the spirit for you. Also consider the following verse that warns against the worship of angels: • Colossians 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, • Although seeing angels in vision can give tremendous direction, it is not something that you should go looking for.
• The New Age cult emphasizes angelic experiences, and you should be cautious of receiving from anyone that emphasizes their experiences with angels and does not share their relationship with the Lord Jesus..... The Way of Dreams and Visions
If you kill or wound a perceived enemy in your dream, your unconscious mind may be encouraging you to conquer your fears. Freud thought that all such objects were phallic symbols.... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
A duel with weapons in a dream means marriage to someone whose character is similar in interpretations to the weapon one is carrying in his dream. Wearing armature during a duel in a dream means marriage to a rich but deceiving person, for part of the human body is covered during the combat.
A duel with swords in a dream means honor. Waving a sword during a duel in a dream means becoming known in one’s field. (Also see Marriage; Sword)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
A knife being used to sever anything in two implies the impending end of a relationship of any kind - business, friendship, love.
A rusty or dull knife implies the dreamer’s lack of ability to sever a relationship that is not serving her.
Cutting yourself with a knife warns that situations may arise where you become your own worst enemy. Astrological parallel: Mars Tarot parallel: The suit of swords... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
To have your sword taken from you, denotes your vanquishment in rivalry.
To see others bearing swords, foretells that altercations will be attended with danger.
A broken sword, foretells despair.... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
If a sword is interpreted as power, then it means diligence, and if it is interpreted as words, it means clarity of speech.
If it is interpreted as one’s father, then it represents the father’s pride of his son.
If one’s sword is weighing heavy and is being dragged with difficulty in the dream, it means an appointment that is difficult to bear, though one will draw benefits from it. Ifone hands his wife the blade in the dream, it means that she will bear a son. Ifhe hands her the sword sheathed in the dream, it means that she will bear a daughter.
An iron sword in a dream represents a son. Abrass sword in a dream means a rich son. Alead sword in a dream means an effeminate son.
A wooden sword in a dream means a son who is a hypocrite, and a tarnished sword in a dream represents an unattractive son.
To draw out one’s sword from its sheath in a dream could represent some words one is prepared to say.
If the sword is sharpened, bright and scintillating in the dream, it means that his words will be sweet and true.
If it looks rusted or tarnished in the dream, it means that his words will be harsh and false. Ifthe sword is heavy in the dream, it means that he will say words which are even heavy on him to bear. Ifthe sword has a crack in the dream, it means that his words will be rejected, and his intention will vex.
If one’s sword falls to the floor in the dream, it means that one may divorce his wife.
If one’s sword is seen laying beside him in the dream, it means that he is a man of authority. Ifthe loop or the belt breaks and the sword falls in the dream, it means loss of one’s power. Ifthe hilt breaks in the dream, it may mean the death one’s wife.
If one is given a sheath without a sword in a dream, it means that he will keep something in trust.
If the handle of one’s sword breaks in the dream, it means that either one’s father, uncle, aunt, or mother may die shortly.
If the blade breaks in the dream, it means that one’s servant, or assistant-worker may die shortly. Ifone sees swords flying in the air in a dream, they represent a plague.
A sword in a dream also could represent one’s anger, or his tight financial circumstances. Swallowing a sword in a dream means gathering the spoils of war.
If a sword swallows someone in a dream, it means a snakebite. In a dream, the sheath of a sword represents a woman. Hitting someone with a sword in a dream means insulting him with harsh words. Sheathing one’s sword in a dream means marriage.
If the blade ceases to cut in a dream, it means that one’s words will bear no weight. Ifone is hit with a sword, and if he loses his hand, his leg, or receives wounds in the dream, it means having an argument that involves one’s father, son, or brother, etcetera, depending which limb and what member of one’s family it represents.
If one’s head is cut off with a sword in a dream, it means that the one who received the blow will triumph over the one who beheaded him, or receive benefits through him. Ifone’s body is dismembered with a sword in a dream, it means that he may travel far, or that his progeny will disperse across the land.
A sword in a dream also represents wealth, power or knowledge. Waving a sword during a duel in a dream means becomingknown in one’s field or profession. (Also see Duel; Knife)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
Jung felt that this represented the conscious ego seeking freedom and singularity, separate from one’s place of origin or core group.
A tool that can help or harm. Just as the sword Excalibur could inflict wounds or keep a nation strong, swords represent all the things we have at our disposal—talents, knowledge, resources—that we have the responsibility to use wisely.
Truthfulness. Edged weapons cut through deceit in our dreams to the heart of any situation, even those things in which we deceive ourselves.
Feudal Japan: The emblem of a warrior’s soul.
The Katana is a long sword that represents a samurai’s soul and will, while the Wagasahi was shorter and the implement of honor and defense.
Honorably fighting for a just cause, often taking an integral leadership role in that fight (e.g., “taking up a sword”). Note that kings used a sword to bestow knighthood, and knights in turn regularly swore oaths upon swords.
A masculine emblem and alternative phallus. In pagan Europe, swords were owned by men, and often buried with them, whereas women held the house and land.
Breaking or misplacing a sword reflects the loss of authority or heroic mettle, or falling from an honored position in the eyes of those you respect.
An ancient emblem of the Sacred King, which may equate to your own masculine nature or the God aspect of the universe (see Men).
In the Tarot, an emblem of trouble and conflict.... The Language of Dreams
• In a negative context it speaks of negative words that have been spoken against you.
• Positive: Generally the sword is a picture of power. Of course as believers we receive this power by the Word of God.
• Below are some variations of how we see swords in the spirit. This might differ for each person.
• I am not in agreement with a popular trend in some churches to go around taking actual swords and ‘knighting’ folks. I believe that in all of the Word, these are given to us as a type and a shadow and should be handled spiritually.
• The sword is an allegorical picture of the Word of God. It is sharp and it divides the truth from the lie.
• If you see a sword bringing a division, then the Lord is about to expose the things that are wrong. This of course is carried out a lot by the teacher, who uses the Word to bring the truth and set God’s people free.
• Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God [is] living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
• So it is no surprise that when I am praying for someone regarding their ministry and I see a golden sword, I know that the Lord is calling them to teacher training.
Speaking of Using Your Own Strength • To pick up your own sword and try to win the battle without the Lord speaks of doing things in your own effort. In the end you will only perish, because without God’s power you cannot overcome.
• Matthew 26:52 Then Jesus said to him, Put your sword up again into its place: for all those that take [up] the sword will perish with the • sword • Negative Words • The Word says that bitter words are like a sword.
If you see swords coming against you in the spirit, then the Lord is showing you that others have spoken negative words against you and licensed the enemy to attack.
• Psalms 64:3 Who sharpen their tongue like a sword, [and] bend [their bows to shoot] their arrows, [even] bitter words:
Dagger, Darts.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
Using a weapon of any kind in a competent and confident manner implies aggressiveness in pursuing one’s goals. Using a weapon clumsily is a sign that the dreamer doubts his ability to attain his goals.
Being threatened by a weapon hints that the dreamer feels that everyone is against him. Whether or not that is true, and if true, what the solution is, can be deduced from other symbols in the dream. Astrological parallel: Mars Tarot parallel: The suit of swords... Dream Explanations of Astro Center