A thorn is a symbol of sin, worries, and cares in life, Matt. 13:7.
A thorn can also symbolize the suffering of Christ on the cross, Matt. 27:29
Dreaming of thorns means you are stepping on dangerous ground. You could suffer greatly if you rush on without thinking of where you are going, so plan ahead as thoroughly and carefully as you can.
(Affliction; Bristling with perplexity) In a dream, thorns represent a harsh, difficult, repulsive and a distressful person. Thorns in a dream also represent indebtedness, signing a loan, temptation, degeneration of moral standards, or social unrest.
If a thorn pierces someone in a dream, it means that he will be tried with temptations, or that he will be hurt from something he hates. Walking on thorns in a dream means delaying or postponing payment of one’s debts upon maturity. Thorns in a dream also represent ignorant and evildoing people who uphold respect for nothing, and who have won neither material nor spiritual success in their lives. Thorns in a dream also represent pain and sufferings, complexity of matters, sorrows, distress, difficulties, love, injustice, or harm caused by women.
Spine, Thistle, Rose. According to dream interpreter Artemidorus, obstacles and difficulty with a woman.
To dream of thorns, is an omen of dissatisfaction, and evil will surround every effort to advancement.
If the thorns are hidden beneath green foliage, you prosperity will be interfered with by secret enemies.
A dream denoting grief, care, difficulties (Gypsy). Symbols of the passion.
• Fruit also speaks of prosperity and nourishment. It is a lovely picture of partaking of the blessings of the Lord.
• In addition it is a picture of the fruition of the things that you have worked so hard at. This fruit can be both good or bad, depending on the work.
• Positive: Spiritual Maturity • Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the spirit is [agape] love, joy, peace, patient endurance, kindness, goodness, faith, • Seeing tasty fruit speaks of spiritual maturity and the final stage of a good season.
• Reward of Your Hard Work • Seeing fruit on a tree is a picture of your reward for all your labor. As you have worked hard and pushed through the winter and storms, you are now at a place where you are ready to reap the fruit of all your work.
• Seeing whole fruit is an indication that you have reached your destination and completed your task.
• I have often seen fruit on trees where the Lord has told me to enjoy the fruits of my labor.
• Proverbs 31:31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
• The Condition of Your Spirit • What you put into your spirit will always bear fruit.
If that fruit is good, it is a reflection of walking in the spirit and doing things God’s way.
• What comes out of your mouth is what you have put in.
• Proverbs 12:14 A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of [his] mouth: and the reward of a man’s hands will be rendered to him.
• Your Disciples and Children • Psalms 127:3 Lo, children [are] a heritage of the LORD [Yahweh]: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.
• If ever you want to know what is inside a person, simply take a look at their kids and disciples. What they try to hide, those that received from them will not.
• Our children and disciples are a picture of the ‘fruit that remains’ that John speaks about in John 15:16
Rotten fruit speaks of a curse in your life. Even though you worked hard, now when it comes to reaping, it seems as though everything is stolen from you.
• This is a very good picture of a spirit of theft manifesting in your life. There is good news though! You can overcome this work of the enemy. And the Lord will restore to you all that the locust has stolen.
• Luke 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit.
For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
• If you see a picture of rotten fruit with regards to others, it means that there is a contamination in their spirits and to be wary of receiving from them.
Apple, Basket, Bud, Trees, Vine.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
• • Negative words spoken against you.
• • Things that are an annoyance.
• • Things that bring fear.
• • A spirit of destruction (as in the ointment that was spoiled).
• • The presence of Satan himself, displayed as the Lord of the Flies.
It is important to remember that insects can mean different things to different people. Apply the principles in the Way of Dreams and Visions book for all internal dreams, and ask yourself this question: • What does this insect mean to ME (or to the person who had the dream)? • It is very seldom that insects would be positive. However you might dream that you are crushing insects. Or perhaps you are overcoming them in a dream, where you are the main character.
• This would be positive! It would mean that you are overcoming something negative in your life.
• A lady bug is an insect that pollinates fruit and is a good picture of something that is being used of God to assist you in bringing fruitfulness in your life.
• I shared an illustration in the Dreams and Visions book of a lady who had a fear of spiders. She had a dream where she was crushing them. Spiders represented fear in her dreams. By dreaming that she was crushing them, it spoke of how she was overcoming fear in her life! • So ask yourself, “How do I feel about this insect in real life? Does it bring fear? It is just an annoyance? It is a pet? Does it provide a benefit? (like a bee that provides honey).” • You decide and apply it then to your internal dream. Negative: Once again, what does the insect mean to you? If you dream of having insects swarming you, this is not likely a good dream! • It could speak of things annoying you that are overpowering you in real life. It might speak of fears that are assailing you, or problems that are getting too much.
• I grew up having some horrible experiences with cockroaches.
To this day they give me the creeps even more than spiders! Although they clearly speak of the work of the enemy in visions, in my case dreaming of a cockroach would likely speak of my inner fears or things that I would rather avoid.
• Do you see how important it is to identify the symbols in an internal dream?
There are some positive references to insects in Scripture.
For example locusts were something that the Israelites were allowed to eat. (Leviticus 11:22) • There is another passage that speaks of how Samson was given honey from some bees that had made their home in the carcass of a lion. (Judges 14:8) • Then again let us not forget the plague: • Exodus 10:14 And the locusts went up over all the land of Egypt, and rested in all the coasts of Egypt: very grievous [were they]; before them there were no such locusts as they, neither after them shall be such.
• So my conclusion is this: If your vision or prophetic dream has a positive connotation, then the insects would speak of something that provides sustenance.
• It speaks of spiritual food, or the Lord providing for your basic needs.
• However, the Lord also sent a plague of insects on Egypt to deliver His people. So in this case, seeing a plague of insects in a positive light could speak of the Lord sending judgment on the system of the world to bring blessing to His people.
In general insects are unclean in scripture and speak of the work of the enemy I often see insects in the spirit when praying for healing. When I see them I know that I am dealing with a spirit of infirmity.
• David spoke about a swarm of bees that stung like thorns.
• Then the enemy of the Israelites was referred to as a swarm of bees. (Deut 1:44) • Flies • Flies specifically always have a negative connotation. They are often tied in with Satan himself, being known as the Beelzebub, Lord of the flies.
• On a personal note, in the spirit when I have seen Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies, the vision has often represented things that relate to the New Age cult.
• When I have given personal ministry and seen this demon, after questioning the person it turns out they had some New Age involvement.
• I do not encourage you to get ‘hung up’ on demons, but if you do come across this in personal ministry, you know what it is and how to deal with it.
• Remember, the enemy CANNOT attack you, unless he has been given license through sin.
The book the Way of Blessing is a powerful resource to understanding this better.
• Leviticus 11:43 You will not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creeps, neither will you make yourselves unclean with them, that you should be defiled by it.
• These are loathsome creatures that scurry in the dark and feed in dirt.
If you • see cockroaches in the spirit then you know that the enemy has gained license to your life. Because of their nature they are a good representation of small sins that have crept into your life.
• The good news is, that just as they are easy to squash in the natural, so can you easily take authority over any work of the enemy in the spirit.
Ant, Beelzebub, Bees, Caterpillar, Fleas, Flies, Locusts.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
If one gets some of its fruits in his dream, it means that he will receive something from such a person. Ifhe is hurt by its thorns in the dream, the same will take place in wakefulness. When maple trees, tamarisk trees and shrubs are mixed together in a dream, they mean victory and glad tidings for one who is contemplating a war or gearing for a fight. However, for the rest of people, these trees in a dream mean poverty and meekness.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
A tree bearing a fruit other than its own in a dream represents an adulterous wife who bears a child from someone other than her husband. Cutting a tree in a dream means killing someone, or it could mean an illness. Climbing a tree in a dream means meeting a strong man. Coming down from a tree in a dream means parting with someone. Falling down from a tree in a dream means death resulting from fight.
If one’s right hand breaks from such fall in the dream, it means the death of his brother or his sister in a fight.
If the leg breaks in the dream, it means losing one’s money.
If one sees blessed trees such as an olive tree with thorns in a dream, it means that such thorns will prevent him from wrongdoing or from falling into sin.
A walnut tree in a dream represents hard earned money. Trees in a dream also represent shops, businesses, tables, festivities, servants, cattle, restaurants, money, hidden treasures, storage houses, religions or sects. Ifa storm damages a tree, burns it, or causes it to falls in a dream, it means the death or murder of a man or a woman.
A date or a palm tree in a dream also represents a famous person, a man of knowledge, the wife of a king, or the mother of a president.
If it is an olive tree, then it represents a man of knowledge, a preacher, a passenger, ajudge or a physician. Like that, trees are interpreted according to their substance, value, or the harm or benefit they bring, their roots, origin or age. Seeing a vineyard bearing grapes in the winter in a dream means that one will be deceived by a woman or a man during a business transaction, thinking that they are rich.
A quince tree in a dream represents an intelligent person who does not use his intelligence to benefit himself or others.
An almond tree in a dream represents a foreigner or a passenger. Cane or reed plants in a dream represent opposition, punishment or help.
A pomegranate tree in a dream represents a pious and a religious person, and its thorns represent the obstacles that could prevent him from falling into sin.
A lotus tree in a dream represents a noble and a gracious person. Acolocynth tree in a dream represents a good but cowardly and easily scared man who has no real devotion and fails to practice his religious duties.
An oak tree in a dream represents a king, a gnostic, a poet or a fortuneteller.
An indigo plant in a dream represents a knowledgeable Arab.
A dried out palm tree in a dream represents a hypocrite. Ifa storm uproots a tree in a dream, it means a calamity or a plague.
A banana tree in a dream represents a rich person who correctly manages his religious and his material life. Ajujube tree in a dream represents ajoyful and a happy person, or it could represent power and leadership.
A fig tree in a dream represents someone who benefits his family, and who treats his enemy with justice.
A berry tree in a dream represents a generous person.
A pistachio tree in a dream represents a wealthy person who also possess a good humor, and who is generous with his family and friends.
A peach tree in a dream represents a correct person, though few can benefit from him, or it could represent a hypocrite or a handsome looking person, or perhaps a rich woman.
If one pluck its fruits in a dream, it means that he will marry her.
An apple tree in a dream represents a person with steadfastness and determination.
A plum tree in a dream represents a rich and a courageous man.
A pear tree in a dream represents a Persian who practices herbal medicine.
A tamarisk tree in a dream represents a hypocrite, or it could mean a thiefwho benefits poor people and harms the rich. Abullace, a wild small plum tree, or a damson tree in a dream represent someone who benefits everyone.
A sycamore tree in a dream represents a good person who is steadfast in his servitude to others, though who is also firm, equitable, powerful and rich.
A carob tree in a dream represents a man of little benefit to others.
A lemon tree in a dream represents a beneficial person, or a rich woman who is known for her charities. (Also see Sycamore tree; Evergreen; Oak tree; Palm tree; etcetera)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
Vision: A peony in bloom promises happiness in love. Receiving a peony as a gift: you have a secret admirer. Giving a peony as a gift: don’t be timid in your love relationship, have courage! Throwing the flower away or if the flower is wilted: a love affair is deteriorating. See Flower.
Depth Psychology: A beautiful peony always means good luck in matters of love.
A peony that has broken off: conflicts in your relationship.
A wilted peony: the relationship is deteriorating.... Dreamers Dictionary
A pomegranate in a dream also represents savings.
If it is ripened and tastes sweet, it represents a beautiful woman, a town, a son, a one thousand dollars, a one hundred dollars, or ten dollars depending on the type of work one performs.
If a pomegranate is eaten unripened in the dream, it represents suspicious money. As for a ruler or a governor, a pomegranate in a dream represents a city. Ifhe brakes one in a dream, it means that he will conquer or rule that city.
The skin of a pomegranate represents the city’s walls, its seeds represent its people and itsjuices represent its resources, industries and wealth. Ifa sick person eats the skin of a pomegranate in a dream, it means that he will recover from his illness.
A pomegranate in a dream also means a coffer, a beehive, or a honeycomb.
If the seeds are white in the dream, they represent little money.
If they are red, then they represent a sizeable profit.
A pomegranate in a dream also denotes fear or a journey.
A fresh looking pomegranate in a dream represents ayoungvirgin.Abroken pomegranate in halfin a dream represents a deflowered girl, a divorcee or a widow.
A rotten or a spoiled pomegranate in a dream represents an unchaste woman.Asour tastingpomegranate in adream represents unlawful money, worries, or disturbances. Ifone sells pomegranates in a dream, it means that he will sell the everlasting reward of the hereafter for the temporary pleasure of this world. Drinkingpomegranatejuice in a dream means spending for one’s livelihood.
A pomegranate tree in a dream represents a pious, respected and a rich man.lfhe is a merchant, his business will always multiply.
The thorns of a pomegranate tree in a dream represent the obstacles that restricts a believer from falling into or committing a wrongdoing. Cutting down a pomegranate tree in a dream means severing one’s blood ties, or neglecting one’s duty toward his family.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
The contradiction of blossom and thorn.
The rose plays the same role in the West that the lotus plays in the Orient. Both blossom, producing many thousands of petals, and represent the highest stage of consciousness.
The rose is often a symbol of the self. As a well-known symbol of love, it points to the dreamer’s feeling of security and suggests that he should be more open to love.
The Greek word rodor for rose came from the ancient Greek word for “flowing,” which may have been coined to convey the flow of fragrance from this flower. But this never-ending flow of fragrance from the rose also shortens its life, causing it to wilt rapidly. Because this magnificently flowering, fragrant blossom wilts so fast, it is also considered a symbol of death.
The rose also points to the world beyond, which is the reason that the Catacombs in Rome are decorated with garlands of roses.
The rose also is the harbinger of death in the Oraclesy and it is reported that a few days before their death, bishops would find a white rose on their chair.
The belief in the death-announcing rose has influenced customs in England and Germany, where people have been reluctant to bring roses to a sick person. And if a rose bush produced a green rose—that is, when the petals turned green—as English folklore had it, a family member would die.
It is not only in England that the rose is connected with death. As far back as ancient Rome, every year a festival of the roses was celebrated where the dead were honored. Graves were decorated with wreaths made from roses.
Since time immemorial, what happens in the presence of the rose is not talked about. In antiquity, when a rose was suspended above the table, the meal was taken “sub rosa,” as it was called then, which means that absolutely nothing from the conversation was repeated after the meal.
The early Christians took up this symbolic tradition: the presence of a rose indicated that silence was to be observed when heathens were among them.
The rose as the symbol for silence continued into the 18th century, when, for instance, wooden roses were carved into the woodwork of the confessional and roses were also included in the stucco of the halls of the court.
The rose, like the lotus, is considered the perfect flower, which is one of the reasons why the Christian Church declared it to be the image of wisdom. This was instrumental in the rose becoming a symbol of Christ. Mary is also depicted as a rose, but a rose without thorns, because in Christian symbolism the thorns of the rose indicate sin, and Mary was free of sin.
The rose has something very mystical about it. Praying the rosary is considered meditation.
The Sufis pray with a drop of rose fragrance dabbed on the area of the “third eye,” because it is said that the rose cleanses and strengthens the spirit. In ancient Greece a wreath of roses was already thought to strengthen the mind.
The Roman Emperor wore a wreath of roses for the same reason. Romans wore wreaths made from roses during decadent outdoor feasts, because they hoped the roses would minimize the effects of too much drinking.
The rose as the image of a clear mind was also known to the alchemists, who connected the rose to the idea of deliverance. In Dante’s Paradiso the small group of saved sinners is pictured in the form of a white rose above which angels circle like bees. That the way to salvation is possible only through love is perhaps the most important lesson of the rose, the flower originally dedicated to Aphrodite, goddess of love. But that the rose also symbolizes flesh and blood is seen in the fact that Dionysus also claimed the rose to be his.
Time and again we hear about a rose bush that never stops blooming; about rose branches in a vase that for 70 years produced white blossoms; and about how the food for the poor that, in the basket of saints, is transformed into roses.
For those interested in the magic of the rose, we might also mention the Pentagram of the Rose.
If you connect the center of each petal with the center of the petal that comes after the next, you will form a pentagram, the foot of the Druids, the old magic figure that Faust wanted to use to overcome Satan.
The Greeks considered the long-lived, five-leaved rose bush, with the imprint of a pentagram, to be the symbol of the cycle of the Cosmos, which, according to Aristotle, is determined by the five elements (fire, water, earth, air, and ether). Also, the Rosicrucians see the rose as a symbol of hidden wisdom, using it as a symbol in their cross.
The color of the rose is also important.
A wilted rose is a sign of a relationship gone bad. According to Jung, the rose is always the symbol for wholeness, representing, in the form of the mandala, a symbol for the order of the world.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
The sting, as in the fairy tales “Sleeping Beauty” and “Snow White,” points to the awakening of consciousness. One is opening oneself and something of oneself (blood) flows out. Such a dream often points to the dreamer having been injured. Where is your wound? Could you protect yourself from injuries? Were you stabbed or did you stab someone? How did it happen? From the front, in the back? As is the case with Shooting, this dream is also a symbolic reference to your inner strength, and never has anything to do with a real danger to your life.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
If the thorn draws blood, we need to look at what is happening in our lives which could make us vulnerable. In a woman’s dream this could represent the sexual act, or rather, fear of intercourse.
2- The thorn stands for physical suffering in dreams. In matters of health, it may indicate a vulnerability to infection.
3- The thorn, also associated with Christ, may signify that we arc dedicating ourselves to some element of our spiritual quest.
The crown of thorns indicates suffering for our beliefs.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
A woman dreaming about thorns is afraid of venereal disease. Looking at thorns: trouble in the love department. Getting pricked by a thorn: if you are a young girl it means fear of sexual contact.
If you are an adult, a friendship might come to an end. Falling into a bush that has thorns: you arc getting involved in a confusing situation—getting out of it will be difficult. Wearing a wreath of thorns on your head: you may be involved in much emotional hurt. See Splinters.
Depth Psychology: Thorns express your unconscious fear of the “hazards” that come with sexual relationships. Like Sleeping Beauty, the dream for some women indicates that they are waiting for a prince to rescue them.... Dreamers Dictionary