To hear voices in a dream is symbolic of restlessness, distractions, and pressures from an enemy, Ps. 55:2-3
If you dream of voices speaking to you (where you can’t see who’s talking), especially if the voices whisper, your inner self is trying to tell you something important.
The omen connected with dreaming of voices is good or bad according to whether the voices are pleasant or otherwise. Voices raised in an altercation are sometimes prophetic of profit if one of them seems to favor a just cause.
There are various types of angels that fall into the categories below. Note that the following interpretations relate to visions or prophetic dreams only.
• It is also worthwhile to note that if you often see angels and demons in the spirit that you function in the gift of discerning of spirits. I cover this gift in detail in the Way of Dreams and Visions book.
• Guardian Angels • Psalms 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
• These angels are issued to you at birth, namely they are your guardian angel. In personal experience, such angels are larger than life and look very powerful in the spirit.
• We often see them dressed in various gear, and they often carry swords and wear sashes.
• Worship Angels • Psalms 148:2 Praise you him, all his angels: praise you him, all his hosts.
• This speaks of the worship angels who worship the Lord in the Throne Room. They are present during praise and worship.
• In personal revelation and experience, such angels usually have wings and sing with the loveliest of voices. They often carry instruments such as harps, tambourines, trumpets and various stringed instruments.
• Messenger Angels • Luke 1:30 And the angel said to her, Fear not, Mary: for you have found favor with God.
• Here is a reference to a messenger angel. He is the one who brings messages from the Lord.
• In personal experience, such angels are plain looking, in flowing robes, often bearing a scroll or ram’s horn.
• Warrior Angels • Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought with his angels • Here is a reference to Michael, the leader of the warrior angels. In personal experience, such angels carry swords, have eyes of fire and look very foreboding.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder; for Satan himself is disguised as an angel of light.
• This speaks of the enemy who appears as an angel of light; a deception. In personal experience, such angels do not reveal their faces and are very bright. They are accompanied by intense emotion and are very forceful.
• Such an angel would try to get you to receive from them or open your heart to them. Doing so would open your heart wide to the enemy, giving him license in your life.
• It is not common for a believer to have experiences with angels, unless they are operating in the gift of discerning of spirits.
• Check all revelations of angels that you receive with someone who is more mature in Christ and will be able to judge the spirit for you. Also consider the following verse that warns against the worship of angels: • Colossians 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, • Although seeing angels in vision can give tremendous direction, it is not something that you should go looking for.
• The New Age cult emphasizes angelic experiences, and you should be cautious of receiving from anyone that emphasizes their experiences with angels and does not share their relationship with the Lord Jesus..... The Way of Dreams and Visions
Bear: a symbol of vitality, power, and endurance (particularly in women’s dreams). See Bear.
Fish: a fear of losing love; your partner is “slipping” through your fingers, but when the fish is alive, it is a sign of successful planning. See Fish.
Dog: extremely repressed sexual urges. See Dog.
Insects: repressed anger, emotional stress, family problems. See Flies, Insects.
Cat: a symbol of female eroticism, and sometimes a repressed desire for independence. See Cat.
Cow: female sexual urges—but always combined with patience and calm. See Cow.
Lion: glorified and powerful physical contact between men and women.
Mouse: a symbol of the female; the fear of mice is an expression of the dreamer’s fear of a vet-to-be-acknowledged femininity. See Mouse, Rat.
Horse: aroused, but unrealized physical energies, or controlled vitality. See Horse, Horseback Riding.
Serpent: a phallic symbol; women who dream about serpents suffer from unfulfilled sexuality; a serpent crawling up your legs means sexual desires have been awakened. See Dragon, Serpent.
Small animals often symbolize a small sibling; large animals usually stand for the dreamer’s own character traits and repressed cravings. Animals with human voices: a warning not to let other people hurt or take advantage of you. Dead animals are a sign of changes in your personal situation.
Depth Psychology: Animals are a symbol of primitive character traits, like greed, passion, or anger.
The other symbols in the dream are very important.... Dreamers Dictionary
To hear the voice of a friend or relative, denotes the desperate illness of some one of them, and may be death; in the latter case you may be called upon to stand as guardian over some one, in governing whom you should use much discretion. Lovers hearing the voice of their affianced should heed the warning.
If they have been negligent in attention they should make amends. Otherwise they may suffer separation from misunderstanding.
To hear the voice of the dead may be a warning of your own serious illness or some business worry from bad judgment may ensue.
The voice is an echo thrown back from the future on the subjective mind, taking the sound of your ancestor’s voice from coming in contact with that part of your ancestor which remains with you.
A certain portion of mind matter remains the same in lines of family descent. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
The ear is also a female sexual symbol that expresses a need for more emotional openness, or a need to be careful of emotional boundaries. Pierced ear lobes mean penetration and therefore defloration, according to most depth psychologists. In the Orient, the ear is the symbol for a married woman.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
A hallucination can be experienced through any of the senses singly, or all of them together. So one might have a hallucinatory smell or sound.
To understand hallucinations, which are quite common without any use of drugs such as alcohol, LSD or cannabis, one must remember that everyone has the natural ability to produce such images. One of the definitions of a dream according to Freud is its hallucinatory quality. While asleep we can create full sensory, vocal, motor and emotional expenence in our dream. While dreaming we usually accept what we experience as real.
A hallucination is an experience of the function which produces dreams’ occurring while we have our eyes open.
The voices heard, people seen, smells smelt, although appearing to be outside us, are no more exterior than the things and images of our dreams. With this information one can understand that much classed as psychic phenomena and religious experience is an encounter with the dream process. That does not, of course, deny its imponance.
There are probably many reasons why Sue should experience a hallucination and her husband not. One might be that powerful drives and emotions might be pushing for attention in her life. Some of the primary drives are the reproductive drive, urge towards independence, pressure to meet unconscious emotions and past trauma and fears, any of which, in order to achieve their ends, can produce hallucinations.
A hallucination is therefore not an ‘illusion’ but a means of giving information from deeper levels of self. Given such names as mediumship or mystical insight, in some cultures or individuals the ability to hallucinate is often rewarded socially.
Drugs such as LSD, cannabis, psilocybin, mescaline, pey- ote and opium can produce hallucinations. This is sometimes because they allow the dream process to break through into consciousness with less intervention.
If this occurs without warning it can be very disturbing.
The very real dangers are that unconscious content, which in ordinary dreaming breaks through a threshold in a regulated way, emerges with little regulation. Fears, paranoid feelings, past traumas, can emerge into the consciousness of an individual who has no skill in handling such dangerous forces. Because the propensity of the unconscious is to create images, an area of emotion might emerge in an image such as the devil. Such images, and the power they contain, not being integrated in a proper therapeutic setting, may haunt the individual, perhaps for years. Even at a much milder level, elements of the unconscious will emerge and disrupt the person’s ability to appraise reality and make judgments. Unacknowledged fears may lead the drug user to rationalise their reasons for avoiding social activity or the world of work. See ESP and dreams; dead lover in husband under family. See also out of body experience.... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
To hear a car horn is a warning against taking risks.
To see the horns of an animal, or to see a horned human in your dream, represents conflict and confrontation. You are at odds with someone.... My Dream Interpretation
The dream of the prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son, his obedience to the Divine will and his willingness to submit in absolute faith to God made him the first true Muslim and the father of prophets.
The true interpretation of the dreams of the king of Egypt by the prophet Joseph saved both the Egyptians and the children of Israel from famine and death.
The dreams of the Prophet Muhammad, upon him and all the prophets of God be peace and blessings, marked the beginning of his revelation, the noble Qur’fm which changed the face of human history and civilization. Although dreams belong to the domain of personal experience, they are a universal phenomenon, and thus have played a crucial role in the formation of human culture. Throughout recorded human history, dreams and the interpretation of dreams have inspired sages and prophets, poets and kings, as well as the most creative psychologist/philosophers of our day.
The science of psychoanalysis of Carl Jung and his school rests on the fact that dreams form the inner diary of every human individual, and hence the need to read and interpret them correctly. This fact has for long been recognized by the sages and prophets of traditional cultures and religions. Not all dreams, however are either true or authentic. Those of the prophets and friends (awliya’s) of God are Divine revelations, true and sacred.
The dreams of pious men and women are almost always true and meaningful. Some dreams come from Satan, and are thus misleading. Others may be caused by physical or psychological problems such as stomach discomfort or emotional disturbance. It is therefore important to distinguish true dreams from empty fantasies, and inspired dreams from satanic insinuations. This is a Divine gift to inspired prophets, holy persons and insightful sages. ... DreamPedia
A jury can also represent the many voices of your own sub-personalities. See Integration Dreams and Judge. Justice- If you dream about wanting justice, then you are concerned with fairness, balance and equality. Perhaps you are venting out and processing through a situation in your life that felt unfair. You are realizing that there is a cosmic balancing act and an ultimate justice system in the higher order of the universe. See Karma.... Strangest Dream Explanations
Eating mushrooms among ancient Egyptians was a sign of rulership, as only the Pharaohs received this treat.
In Rome, an emblem of strength.
Metaphysics and / or the psychic nature coming to the forefront of your awareness. Shamans and medicine people have long known that some mushrooms produce visionary experiences. Additionally, they grow in dark, damp regions, equating with the fertile subconscious or Collective Unconscious.
The lunar aspects of the mushroom combine with fiery energy. Mushrooms are considered the child of lightning in folk tales. This provides a unique balance between conscious / logical thinking and the intuitive self. Consider if you have been heeding both voices equally of late.... The Language of Dreams
For a woman to dream that she owns peacocks, denotes that she will be deceived in her estimate of man’s honor.
To hear their harsh voices while looking upon their proudly spread plumage, denotes that some beautiful and well-appearing person will work you discomfort and uneasiness of mind. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
Depth Psychology: Shooting means that you suddenly have to choose someone or something. Maybe you are struggling with two voices inside yourself and they are shouting at each other.
If you are doing the shooting: if you share your worries and sorrows with someone else—you will be at peace again.... Dreamers Dictionary
Depth Psychology: A happy song might mean emotional well-being. But it might also suggest you want to cover up unpleasant feelings with a lot of words.... Dreamers Dictionary
To hear weeping voices, shows that sudden anger will cause you to inflict injury upon a friend.
If you hear the voice of God, you will make a noble effort to rise higher in unselfish and honorable principles, and will justly hold the admiration of high-minded people.
For a mother to hear the voice of her child, is a sign of approaching misery, perplexity and grievous doubts.
To hear the voice of distress, or a warning one calling to you, implies your own serious misfortune or that of some one close to you.
If the voice is recognized, it is often ominous of accident or illness, which may eliminate death or loss. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
2. A good omen for relationships, reconciliation and forgiveness.
3. A need or desire to listen more carefully, focus more on the needs of others.
4. Difﬁcult times ahead (to hear voices arguing). ... New American Dream Dictionary
2- A voice that speaks through, or to, one has two areas of significance.
If one believes in the spirit realm, this is communication from a discarnate spirit. More psychologically, when we suppress certain parts of our personalities they may surface in dreams as disembodied voices.
3- The Voice of God is a term which is used to describe the energy of a spiritual summons.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
If we believe in the spirit realm, this is communication from a discarnate spirit. More psychologically, when we suppress certain parts of our personalities they may surface in dreams as disembodied voices. This does not constitute a form of madness.... Dream Meanings of Versatile